What's new

Camera shutter is stuck shut!!!!

Reginald Henry

Reaction score
Hi,My iphone 4 Camera has a stuck shutter on the screen and I cannot get the camera to work.Thank you Reg.

Hold the Sleep/Standby button at the top of the phone and the Home button for 10 seconds.

I have the same problem. no one seems to know how to fix it. tired hard reset. and restore to new iPhone and restore from backup. no luck with anything.

tortelliniguy said:
I have the same problem. no one seems to know how to fix it. tired hard reset. and restore to new iPhone and restore from backup. no luck with anything.

That sounds like your camera is broken. Someone said their iPad exhibited the same symptoms and it had to be repaired or replaced.

I've been looking around for fixes but everyone says just bring it into apple and they will replace it. Only problem is I don't have warranty so I'm pretty sure they will say 200$ for a new device... i read about editing a plist somewhere but i can't find the link anymore.

Hi,Thanks for replying.I'm really thick when it comes to these mod cons.How do I "Hard Reset".Thanks.

Hi,Thanks for replying.I'm really thick when it comes to these mod cons.How do I "Hard Reset".Thanks.

Press and hold both the sleep/power and home button simultaneously until you see the Apple logo.

Hi,Thank you for replying to my Thread.I've done that and it has not changed at all.Everybody I have talked to has told me to take it to Apple but like the other person on this thread I think it is out of warranty.
The phone is three years old but virtually brand new.I only use it for odd phne calls and Text messages and nothing else and I have actually taken 15 photos in total as I have saved every picture I have taken so I don't think it is wear and tear.Nobody seems to know what is wrong with it and I'm thick as said with these mod cons so cannot mess about with it myself.Everything else on the phone is working fine.Any other ideas out there.Thank you Reg.

Hi,Nobody out there could help so I had to take it to Apple.Apple looked in the top and said it had been in water.I totally denied that it had but they said had I answered it when it weas raining.I said possibly.That was it!!!!! They said I should not have answered it when raining!!!! I had to buy a Refurbished phone from them for £119.00 and my broken one was retained.
So there you go.HUGE WARNING TO ALL IPHONE USERS.DO NOT ANSWER YOUR PHONE IF IT IS RAINING.IT WILL COST YOU £119 AND YOUR PHONE for a REFURBISHED ONE