What's new

Camera problem

brixtonboy

Reaction score
I know it's my fault somehow, but don't know what's wrong.
99% of the time l hold the iPhone with the white button at the bottom, like we all do.
But my photos keep coming out upside down or sideways help please it's driving me nuts.
IMG_1171.JPG
IMG_1170.JPG
IMG_1163.JPG
IMG_1162.JPG

If l am looking down it's worse

Thanks in Advance

The two volume buttons and the mute button go on the bottom when taking landscape pictures

I don't know which button the 'white' one is

I'm holding it the other way round when I'm taking landscape pictures:
Home button at the left, Volume buttons and Mute button at the top.

I can take pictures with the right orientation, even when I hold it upside down (Home button at the top). I don't think that matters.

Do you view the pictures on a Windows Computer? Information on which side is up for iPhone photos is stored in the EXIF data attached to each photo. iOS crevices and Mac computers use this data to display the photo right side up. Windows computers tend to ignore this data when displaying the photos. You have to shoot landscape photos with the volume buttons on the bottom to always show the photo right side up in Windows.
This is not a problem on computers running Windows 8 and later as they make full use of the EXIF metadata.
Here's Why Your iPhone Photos Sometimes Appear Upside Down

Last edited:
I very rarely take landscape pictures, this shot is just to so you the orientation of my iPhone for normal vertical photos when they get flipped or go to the side.
IMG_1902.JPG

Taken with iPad

Hi all, not sure what has happened. But just recently all my photos are in the correct orientation. By the way l am not viewing them on my PC. This strange behaviour was in my iPhone 7
IMG_1194.JPG
IMG_1193.JPG
IMG_1192.JPG
IMG_1158.JPG

The content is not important but that's exactly how I shot
them. I did Airdrop the shots from my iPhone
The iPhone is being held as in my post No.6

Always happy when my iPhone suddenly fixes itself!

Nice that way! After iOS 10.3 update to. I wonder?