What's new

Call ignore

tntlassiter

Reaction score
Is there any way to ignore an incoming call? When the phone rings I can answer but I am used to being able to slide one way to answer and slide one way to ignore...is this possible?

When you receiving an incoming call while your phone is in sleeping mode, just double push the actual power off/on button once and it will automatically reject the incoming call.

Last edited:
Is there any way to ignore an incoming call? When the phone rings I can answer but I am used to being able to slide one way to answer and slide one way to ignore...is this possible?

very possible just double click the I/O

Hmmmmm.... not trying to be negative here, but..... I push the On/Off button down only once and the call stops ringing. Do I actually push twice without knowing? I do stutter.

EWyatt said:
Hmmmmm.... not trying to be negative here, but..... I push the On/Off button down only once and the call stops ringing. Do I actually push twice without knowing? I do stutter.

I don't know call me and we'll see. Lol. Just kidding pressing it once silences the call while the 2nd sends the caller on his/her way. I just tried it on my wife.

You have to push it twice otherwise the call will not stop and will keep on ringing. If you have the earphone plug into the phone, push down for about 2~3 seconds the center part of the command panel, then you will hear bips in the earphone just to confirm that the call is canceled. Make sure you press the power on/off button once and you will see that it will not stop the call.

It is really best things for ignore call thank you for suggestion I am also trying to get some info about this.

Thanks for the info on the ONE or TWO presses on the Power Button to stop calls. I get quite a few SPAM-type calls (credit card deals, auto maintenance extensions, etc...) that are apparently not stopped by my DO NOT CALL status. I figure if I stop these calls with the 2-button press now, they might consider it a bad number and not call any more. Wishful thinking?

EWyatt said:
Thanks for the info on the ONE or TWO presses on the Power Button to stop calls. I get quite a few SPAM-type calls (credit card deals, auto maintenance extensions, etc...) that are apparently not stopped by my DO NOT CALL status. I figure if I stop these calls with the 2-button press now, they might consider it a bad number and not call any more. Wishful thinking?

You're welcome.

If I have the phone on, my incoming calls give me the option to answer or decline. Decline sends it to voicemail. If I have the phone screen off, I have to slide unlock and it automatically answers the call. couldn't find a way to change that setting. I bet you can if the phone is jailbroken though.

xrayeyes said:
If I have the phone on, my incoming calls give me the option to answer or decline. Decline sends it to voicemail. If I have the phone screen off, I have to slide unlock and it automatically answers the call. couldn't find a way to change that setting. I bet you can if the phone is jailbroken though.

Yes there is a tweak in cydia that does that. Its called ezdecline

In Cydia...... Well, if it's just about the software, I wonder why Apple doesn't provide a solution to call declination too! It's a hot topic, a needed function, etc. Or am I confused that the network must provide the software??

In Cydia...... Well, if it's just about the software, I wonder why Apple doesn't provide a solution to call declination too! It's a hot topic, a needed function, etc. Or am I confused that the network must provide the software??

Idk. Probably overlooked it but the sleep/wake button is the same in my books

You do not need to be jailbreak before you can ignore calls on your phone when the screen if off. Just double press the power button and that's it.