What's new

Call history lost

dvtrv

Reaction score
All of a sudden and for no reason I can think of, I've lost my call history. I've done a soft reset which did not work.
I also followed a thread in Apple support where someone did a network reset and this did not work either.

Please can anyone help me get my call history back please?

Thank you

I'm sure I have.
Where and how would I back this up to?

Let me know please.

Thank you

You would have had to have backed your phone up to iTunes or iCloud. If you have done neither than I am afraid you have probably lost your phone history. Are you sure you did the reset properly? Hold the power button and the home button at the same time until the apple logo appears, then release both and wait for the phone to reboot.

Do you have iTunes installed on a computer? Very easy to back up your phone on it once you connect by USB or wifi. I back my phone up to iTunes on my mac once a month or when I make changes. It is a good habit to get into!

Hi thanks for your quick response.
Yes I reset it correctly and yes I also backup regularly.

Tried reset again and just backed up again also.

What's my next step please?

Yes xrayeyes I back up. Please can you advise me how to do this please?

Hope so.

Thank you

Yes xrayeyes I back up. Please can you advise me how to do this please?

Hope so.

Thank you

Any way to retrieve call history as I back up my phone regularly?

You would be restoring the whole phone to the point of your backup. In other words, if there is a week between your current time and your back up, you will lose all data from that week time period. Have you ever done a system restore on your pc? It is similar to that. You pick a "restore point" or back up date that you have already performed, and restore your phone to that.

Once you are do the restore, your phone should contain all the messages, data, call history, photos, etc from that back up date...but it will not have current data saved beyond that point.

Thanks again xrayeyes.

I've thought about it and have decided not to restore as you described.

Thank you soo much for your help.

You're welcome. Sorry you lost your info. A very strange issue for sure. Also, just wondering what you consider "call history"? Did you know that your phone will only store 100 recent calls, outgoing and incoming? If you call a lot, it may only take days. If you make minimal calls, they may be on there for a few months.

You're welcome. Sorry you lost your info. A very strange issue for sure. Also, just wondering what you consider "call history"? Did you know that your phone will only store 100 recent calls, outgoing and incoming? If you call a lot, it may only take days. If you make minimal calls, they may be on there for a few months.
Good point. I'm referring to calls received and made.
I call daily.
It's odd that suddenly ALL call history just vanished.

Thank you again

Just so you are all aware. All my call history returned back to my phone without me doing anything.

Just so you are all aware. All my call history returned back to my phone without me doing anything.
I'm very glad that you've got back your call history at last. Just a reminder, if you lost call history or want to get back previous calls which no longer show in call history, you can still get them back using some iPhone data recovery tools. They will only recover the history onto your computer and will not change your current info on the phone.