What's new

Call forwarding a specific number to another number(s)

mrhlmwo

Reaction score
I have a doorbell system at my apartment door that needs to call a pre-determined phone number. Then that person answers the call and presses "9" and it opens the door. Is it possible to have my iphone recognize the number from the doorbell system and then forward the number to my two roommates as well? This would allow any one of us to answer the doorbell.

I have a doorbell system at my apartment door that needs to call a pre-determined phone number. Then that person answers the call and presses "9" and it opens the door. Is it possible to have my iphone recognize the number from the doorbell system and then forward the number to my two roommates as well? This would allow any one of us to answer the doorbell.

have your doorbell call a google voice # and set up google voice to ring all 3 of your phones at the same time

have your doorbell call a google voice # and set up google voice to ring all 3 of your phones at the same time

Hi, thanks for your input. I should have mentioned that I can't use a new Google Voice number because no 310 numbers are available (Los Angeles) and it has to be 310. However, one of us has an existing 310 number. I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to use that number and that iPhone to forward the doorbell call to all 3 phones.

mrhlmwo said:
Hi, thanks for your input. I should have mentioned that I can't use a new Google Voice number because no 310 numbers are available (Los Angeles) and it has to be 310. However, one of us has an existing 310 number. I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to use that number and that iPhone to forward the doorbell call to all 3 phones.

You can call forward on no answer to flat mate 1, he forwards to fm 2 and fm 3 to yo so you get a circular ring, but you will all get each others normal calls if they don't answer.

Sweet if ones got a hot partner 😍

You can ask whoever administers the system to alter (or add) the numbers called, most these system can call a landline, and a mobile if no answer.

If it is a GSM based system the alteration is done via an admin text message, so likely there's no actual callout charges, but there might be a small charge for the service.

How do I know all this? I install them 😊