What's new

Call blocker

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpinks

Reaction score
What is the best app for blocking calls on the Iphone?
Thanks in advance
Kev

I'm after a call blocker too. I can't unlock my phone as the insurance will become void and on a spankers iphone 5 64gb I don't want to loose out on the cover it provides.

Have heard Iblacklist doesn't work... is there anything out there... that does work?

Nope. Best you can do is simply assign a silent ringtone to the number you don't want to disturb you.

If your on verizon you can go to your myverizon website and block numbers there.

There is an easy and free way to block unwanted calls and it does not require an app. Download a "silent" ringtone. Make it your default ringtone. Go to your Contact List and assign a good ringtone to each of your contacts. Any incoming call from a number not in your contact list will not ring your iphone and after no answer, will go to voicemail. Robo calls from "Account Services", "Card Services", and anyone else not in your contact list are effectively blocked.

I currently use google voice and give out that number to people instead of my actual number. I can block anyone I want from there but I sometimes miss calls too so it may not be the best option.

Anyone know anything for Sprint?

What I need is for the blocked caller to go straight to the answer phone with out ringing on the phone...

Constant spam callers, for example, are a complete and utter pain... if the phone rings they know its in service. If it goes straight to answer phone, they usually only call a few times then give up.

If it rings, the calls just keep coming day after day week after week....

how can download this app. and how can use this app. anyone tell me.

SMS ninja and iBlacklist are the only two cydia apps you can use that are effective at call/SMS blocking. I personally prefer SMS ninja because it's free and works perfectly.

You'll have to be jailbroken to use these apps. There are no means of downloading an app from the AppStore to accomplish this task, and your only other option is to use a carrier blocking service (such as Verizon's).

With that, I'm closing this thread.

Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.