What's new

Calendar

Szwicki

Reaction score
is there a reason Easter is not on calendar but Christmas, indigenous people day on it etc.

is there a reason Easter is not on calendar but Christmas, indigenous people day on it etc.
Easter is on my calendar.
9A61271A-2972-41BB-9B72-80B937B5AAFA.png

Is your country’s holiday calendar enabled in the Calendar app?
0F130EBC-C8D9-4528-8FBF-C9A13BB0DD23.jpeg

Unlike mine, it should be checkmarked.

Yes it is

Makes no sense. But God doesn’t automatically capitalize either so............

Same here, no Easter and I am 'subscribed' to US Holidays

Note: This is on my 5S on iOS 10.3.3
(I'll check the others in a couple of minutes)

Apparently, Easter is not an official federal holiday in the US. Most likely because it falls on Sunday each year.

Try the following:
Tap this link on your iPhone:
webcal://files.apple.com/calendars/US32Holidays.ics

If it doesn’t open a new tab, copy the link and paste it to a new tab. You’ll be asked to open the link in Calendar. Open it there, then subscribe to the calendar.

This will add US holidays to your calendar, and Easter is among them.

Obviously the missing Easter Sunday is a bug or feature of the US built in calendar.

This really upsets me. I’m in the US and Easter is not on my calendar. Why in the world would it matter if it’s federally recognized? April Fools certainly isn’t!!!

Try the following:
Tap this link on your iPhone:
webcal://files.apple.com/calendars/US32Holidays.ics

If it doesn’t open a new tab, copy the link and paste it to a new tab. You’ll be asked to open the link in Calendar. Open it there, then subscribe to the calendar.

This will add US holidays to your calendar, and Easter is among them.

Obviously the missing Easter Sunday is a bug or feature of the US built in calendar.

That's one I have. Easter is not on it.
Wait! Yes it is. After tinkering with the calendars, it showed for this calendar.

I just found it odd it’s not when Christmas is and other holidays. Indigenous people day etc.
in the Christian calendar Easter Is the most important over Christmas whether it is recognized by Apple or not All printed calendars I have at home have it in there so it’s not whether it is a recognized us holiday

I used the link and it worked. However, holidays that were showing in calendar are now showing twice. How do I delete the duplicates? Incidentally, Thanksgiving day was not on calendar either but this link added it.