What's new

Calendar problems with new IOS 5 update on Iphone

ayrshire

Reaction score
Have a PC and updated ITunes and Iphone4.
Still have calendar, but all notes I made on the calendar before IOS update are gone??
I need those important notes back, any chance they are still safe somewhere and that I can retrieve them?

Hoping someone has good news for me.
If this happened to you, please share how you resolved.
BTW my hotmail acct works fine, just the calendar info is missing.

Last edited:
Well I dont know how to solve your problem, that sucks. My problem is in the calender as well. The "+" sign to add an event is gone..... So I am un able to add an event. The weird thing is that it is on my new 4S THAT JUST CAME IN THE MAIL WITH ios5 on it. I also have another iphone 4 which i loaded ios5 on it as well and the calender works just fine. hows ur calender look?

Any chance you came up with a way to retrieve the notes? Same thing happened to me. Had some really important stuff in there. I find it hard to believe they would allow all notes to just be wiped out during the conversion without warning everyone.

The same happened to me: lost all my info from my calendar after the upgrade. But I just got them back! Maybe it will work for you too: go to Settings/Mail, Contacts, Calendar. In the Calendar section click "Default Calendar" and put a checkmark next to "Home". Get out of there and check your Calendar. I got all my data back! I hope it helps.

The same happened to me: lost all my info from my calendar after the upgrade. But I just got them back! Maybe it will work for you too: go to Settings/Mail, Contacts, Calendar. In the Calendar section click "Default Calendar" and put a checkmark next to "Home". Get out of there and check your Calendar. I got all my data back! Then I changed the "default calendar" setting back to "Calendar" and I still had all my lost info. I hope it helps.​

Last edited:
Not sure what happened exactly, but thankfully they came back on their own after 2 days.
Perhaps they just wanted a bit of a holiday for a couple of days. :)

I had the same problem and have tried what was suggsted but it hasn't worked for me. I think I had all the appts on a paper diary, time will tell, so I have reentered them but birthdays are all gone.

The + in my calendar has also disappeared as well as the ' edit' button in contacts, so I can't edit either. Does anyone know how to fix?

yeah - me too ... the + is gone. When I try to add an event from an email it pops up "Cannot Save Event - No calendar set has been set OK"
Not ok with me!! Any ideas how to get my + back?

yep - that's why the tread is called "Calendar problems with new IOS 5 update on Iphone"

I had the same problem and have tried what was suggsted but it hasn't worked for me. I think I had all the appts on a paper diary, time will tell, so I have reentered them but birthdays are all gone.
My entries have come back, I didn't even do anything. I noticed that some of my entries were entered twice I wondered what I had done to make that happen then it dawned on me. I don't know where they went but I'm glad they are back. Maybe they got lost in the cloud.

I am also experiencing the same problem. Updated my iPhone 3G from OS4 to OS5.01 Before I updated, I upgraded my iTunes. Now I can no longer add calendar entries. The + sign is missing. Very annoying as the calendar is something I really rely on. I ignored the best piece of advice a software developer can ever give you: "Don't upgrade your software until at least the .1 release." Anybody know of a solution? How about you folks at Apple Support hovering out there? Thanx in advance. Rick.