What's new

Calendar lost all data

donwriske

Reaction score
I opened my calendar on my iPhone 5s yesterday and there were no entries, although I had inputed many dates and times. They are all gone! Any suggestions on retrieving this data?

Welcome to iPhone Forums, donwriske!

If your iPhone isn't up to date, then perform an update. The latest iOS is 9.2.1. Take a look at your calendar afterwards, maybe the entries returned.

Make sure you're connected to the internet. Try opening a random site in Safari on your iPhone. If it's loading slowly, or not at all, you've found the reason for your lost calendar entries.

It's possible to force the calendar to update it's events. In the Calendar app, you'll find "Calendars" at the bottom. When you tap it, all the calendars that could be shown in the app are visible. First of all, make sure that your calendar is checkmarked. Otherwise the events will not show up in the app. Then put your finger somewhere on the screen, and drag it towards the bottom. This will happen next:
image.jpeg

Tap "Done" afterwards, and take a look at your events again. Maybe they appear now.

Next option:
In Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars - Accounts, select the account that syncs it's entries to your Calendar app. Disable Calendar there, then enable it again.

If you get your events to the iPhone via an online account, such as Gmail or iCloud, login and make sure the entries are still there.

If they are not, the last possibility to get back all of your events, would be to restore from a backup where these events were included.

Hope that helps.