What's new

calendar/ holidays

Mike4c

Reaction score
Is there a way to make the calendar that came with the phone show holidays ?

Here, we show you how to add Apple's calendar of U.S. holidays to your iPhone:
  1. Tap the Settings icon
  2. Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars
  3. Scroll down and tap Add Account...
  4. Tap Other
  5. Tap Add Subscribed Calendar
  6. In the server field, input: ical.mac.com/ical/US32Holidays.ics - then tapNext
  7. On the next screen, change the name of the calendar under "Description" if you choose - then tap Save

it said unable to verify account

Here, we show you how to add Apple's calendar of U.S. holidays to your iPhone:
  1. Tap the Settings icon
  2. Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars
  3. Scroll down and tap Add Account...
  4. Tap Other
  5. Tap Add Subscribed Calendar
  6. In the server field, input: ical.mac.com/ical/US32Holidays.ics - then tapNext
  7. On the next screen, change the name of the calendar under "Description" if you choose - then tap Save

For Australia, how different are the settings?

I don't know about Australia (sorry) but if the step are followed as I post then it will work perfectly. I had follow them and I have it activated successfully

Still not working, I have I phone 4. Not the new one. Unable to verify.

I'm using iPhone 4 as well.

Can somebody else try this? I know it works for me.

DaveM said:
I was lurking the thread when I saw your post. I gave it a try and it worked perfectly. IP 4 with iOS 5.

Thanks Dave, we are with the same setup. I just want somebody else to certified that works.

I was lurking the thread when I saw your post. I gave it a try and it worked perfectly. IP 4 with iOS 5.

Just tried it, it works but unfortunately only for US Holidays, I have changed US to AU and got nothing. I am not sure if there is a different setting for Australia.

Thank you thank you thank you

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Forgot to mention it worked fine for me. after beating my head against the wall, the steering wheel and serious consideration of rinsing my mouth out with buckshot, the clouds parted and I was shown the path from someone much more aligned with the iPhone gods than I.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

it said unable to verify account

HELLO, I'm not sure if you still need help, just in case...
The first time I tried entering the calendar link I received the same error. "Unable To Verify Acct".

You probably did what I did, I entered the text string using lower case letters, as soon as I Capitalized the letters that were capitalized in the original post it worked perfectly.