What's new

Calendar & contacts

pdunnuck

Reaction score
All my past entries have gone.... Is there any way to get the past ones back. I can't trust this phone to keep these records!
Also, when I do contacts in iCloud, it duplicates almost all of them. It takes a lot of time to redo them!!!!
Thanks

Go to Settings-mail, contacts,calendars-scroll down to the calendar options and make sure that under "sync" it has "all events" rather than 2 weeks back, 1 month back etc...for some reason the iPhone defaults it to 2 weeks back...

Thanks... So simple!!

Now it's there an answer to the double contacts?

Thanks... So simple!!

Now it's there an answer to the double contacts?

Yes, sorry I should of addressed this in my last post as well. When you go into mail, contacts, calendar settings you will see under accounts: icloud, exchange, and other(for me this says gmail, but could be hotmail or whatever else you use). You need to make sure that only one of the calendar settings is on under these (I would recommend you keep iCloud on if you want an easy sync between your devices). So to do this push exchange and turn calendar off, and same with your other accounts if you have them all linked together. If you have them all on it thinks they are separate entries and that is why it creates duplicates. Again let me know if this makes sense and how it works out. It is kind of hard to explain how to do all this in words but if you need I can make screen shots...

I think I am just dense...what does the calendar have to do with the double contacts? When I sync with iCloud, I get a lot of duplicate contacts. Does the calendar control the contacts too?

Pat

Nope that was totally my bad.....I had calendars on the brain for some reason....do the same thing but only with contacts....

I think my iCloud is messed up... I still came up with all duplicates! How can I correct the iCloud
Data base?
Thanks for your help
Pat

I am getting duplicates in the email section. Contacts seem to be fine!

That's really strange, the only other thing I could think would be to disable your iCloud, get all your emails, contacts or what have you in order (making sure you do not have duplicates) then turn on iCloud again. Keep in mind anytime you have the "mail" switch turned on in multiple accounts it will push those emails to your inbox and therefore create duplicate emails....

How do I get iCloud to change to what I have. When I disconnect then reconnect, iCloud wants to Merge
All contacts. I think that is the problem. It has duplicates that merge with what I have. I hope that is
Understandable???!!
Pat