What's new

Calendar app

cynh

Reaction score
i need an app that will sync my iPhone and iPad with hubbys android. What do you recommend?

There's a Google Calendar app in the App Store, provided by Google., Inc., and it has excellent ratings. When you search for Google calendar, you'll find it.

Another option would be to set up his Gmail account on your iPhone and iPad in Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and enable Calendars only. That way, you get his events, but not his contacts, notes or emails. You wouldn't need a new app either.

There's a Google Calendar app in the App Store, provided by Google., Inc., and it has excellent ratings. When you search for Google calendar, you'll find it.

Another option would be to set up his Gmail account on your iPhone and iPad in Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and enable Calendars only. That way, you get his events, but not his contacts, notes or emails. You wouldn't need a new app either.
Thank you so much for the advice. I did go there like you said. I already have him in there. However, I don't see me in there should I be? But he still does not see what I add to the calender. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm a bit confused. What exactly do you expect to find from yourself there?

If you add to the calendar in the built in Calendar app, make sure you've added the event to the right calendar. If necessary, make his calendar your default calendar (in Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars - Calendars - Default Calendar). That way, you automatically create the event for his calendar, and it should also sync to his device.

I'm a bit confused. What exactly do you expect to find from yourself there?

If you add to the calendar in the built in Calendar app, make sure you've added the event to the right calendar. If necessary, make his calendar your default calendar (in Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars - Calendars - Default Calendar). That way, you automatically create the event for his calendar, and it should also sync to his device.

Thank you for your patience J.A. This is what I see when I go to settings,mail,contacts,calendars.... First I see accounts under that is iCloud then gmail then hubbys gmail address with the word Calendars underneath it. But what I add to my calendar that came with iPhone does not show up on his gmail calendar. I'm sorry to be a pain but I am lost on something that should be simple.

No problem. There's quite a difference between Android and Apple, and it needs a bit of time getting used to it.

Below the accounts, you find Mail, when you scroll further down, you see Contacts, and if you scroll a bit further, there's Calendars. That's where you find Default Calendar.
image.jpeg

Tap it to find the calendars you're using on your iPhone, and select your husband's.

In an event you've already created in the Calendar app, make sure his email account is selected:
image.jpeg

If it's not his account, tap the arrow next to Calendar, and choose his calendar. Then tap Done at the top right, to save the changes you've made.