What's new

Calendar and tomorrow widgets not refreshing

TimeTraveler7

Reaction score
I only use Calendar and Tomorrow Summary widgets on my iPhone and iPad, and I've noticed that they're not refreshing correctly or regularly. I haven't noticed any pattern, but they either don't refresh for a few days or refresh randomly. For instance, they were empty on my iPhone during the last two days (despite the calendar wasn't), whereas on iPad the widget was yesterday showing an appointment from Monday.
I'm on 8.2, but it's been like that for at least two or three latest iOS versions. Does anyone else notice this behavior? It's strange because it's occurring on both my iDevices, and wasn't able to find anything related on Google.

Update... on 8.3 it's a bit different. Better now, except that the Tomorrow Widget seems "closed" on iPhone, thus not showing anything. Any idea how to fix this?

This is normal behavior (as on iPad):

...and this is on my iPhone 6 (closed Tomorrow Widget - it only shows the sentence about the alarm in case I set one up).

Going for the obvious here, knowing when I get frustrated I don't always. It sounds like you got some help by updating. So, is there any event on your calendar for tomorrow? For me, I rarely bother to show things on my calendar on Sunday's.

Nothing, those are just example screenshots from some day. The point is that the Tomorrow on iPhone ends with just that - the header (screenshot #2). And it's always like that, no matter whether there are things scheduled the next day or not. The above pictures should be more or less identical, if things were normal.

Yes, I see. I checked my Tomorrow section and it says You have no events scheduled for tomorrow above the edit box. I do no know what to suggest for you.