What's new

Bypass Passcode screen?

velani

Reaction score
I do not have a stolen phone, but a phone that has been bricked by pranks from friends. They have set a password they cannot nor remember while thinking it would be fun to put in a password, which I did not have.

I do not want to lose my information, contacts etc. by restoring the phone. That would defeat the purporse as I am trying to save all information etc.

It is running 4.2 OS. Is there a way to save my data or do I just bite the bullet and restore the phone? Any expert advise would be greatly appreciated.

You won't be able to use your phone with iTunes until you enter the correct passcode while the phone is plugged in. The only exception to this is to restore the phone. You can however restore from a backup so all you data will be saved since you last backup...

If you are still one 4.1

ww.engadget.com/2010/10/25/ios-4-1-glitch-lets-you-bypass-lock-screen-to-access-phone-app/

I hope this helps. They patched it after 4.1 I can confirm it works.

You won't be able to use your phone with iTunes until you enter the correct passcode while the phone is plugged in. The only exception to this is to restore the phone. You can however restore from a backup so all you data will be saved since you last backup...

I kind of have the same problem as the poster. Somone thought they were being funny (not really funny lets say) or whatever and the person is not going to own up to it so will this simply hitting restor work on an IPHONE 3G (not "s" version) but with 4.3.3. software and a passcode set - to simply plug in and hit restore or will possibly this whole big thing I see about plugging it in iTunes on and then unplug USB from phone and turn the phone off and then hold the home key and plug phone back in and keep holding home button until it gives you this thing on the screen that will give you a chance to restore (to erase all to get rid of passcode)? If I can do that, I have a backup in iTunes to put all back on.

I am not sure if that or the simplier way works on my version of IPHONE and software and want to ask before I try anything and mess it up worse or such.

I guess I am asking if you know if I have to do the above (if it will even work) or can simply plug in and hit restore even though the person put a passcode in - I promise it is my phone and has been since it came out, LOL.

It won't be a 3G if it's on 4.3.3. The 3G stopped receiving updates at 4.2.1.

You don't need to do anything complicated. Just plug ur phone into iTunes and choose restore. When prompted restore from a back up and you will get all our data back from when you last synced...

It won't be a 3G if it's on 4.3.3. The 3G stopped receiving updates at 4.2.1.

You don't need to do anything complicated. Just plug ur phone into iTunes and choose restore. When prompted restore from a back up and you will get all our data back from when you last synced...

Oh thanks, LOL. It is a 3G. I know nothing obviously - except I don't want a password, lol!! I figured it had 4.3.3 since a 3Gs we have has 4.3.3. I sit there and do update on it and figured it was updating to the same software the 3Gs or 4G was, LOL. But it is a 3G - I do know that.

Again, I never checked the version of software. I just figured it was 4.3.3. since I updated it the other day and did not notice what software it was - just figured 4.3.3 since the others were - dummy me. Thanks again!!!! I will try to do the restore then.

Now that I think of it, I do think I tried the other day the "restore from back up" and assume it put the info on there from when I last backed up BUT it still left the passcode so I can't tell what all it did internally. What I did was right click on my phone at the left under "Devices" in iTunes and asked it to "restore from backup" but never tried just "restore" under the "Summary" tab. So if 3G and it has 4.2.1 as you are saying it would, will hitting "restore" to erase it allow me to do it without a password do you think AND get rid of the passcode since my way left the passcode requirement???