What's new

Buying on release day

hinds90

Reaction score
So since I missed out on pre ordering. I'm curious to know what it's like buying on release day. One of my co workers asked me if I wanted to line up at the apple store around 3 a.m. Lol personally I don't think thats early enough seeing the demand after pre ordering.

I agree 3am is NOT early enough. One year my son and I got to the store around 5 and the line was long it depressed us

Getting in line at the Apple Store the evening before is likely the best way to ensure that you'll be close enough to the front of the line to buy the iPhone 6 of your choice on release day.

you would have to go very early to get a shot at buying one on release day, I would even go from 10-11pm depending on how badly I wanted one.. But I always order online and wait, even if its a month+

It's just something my coworker wants to do. I've never experienced a launch day release for anything so what the heck. Luckily Friday is a organizational day so I want have to worry about keeping my eyes open.

Let's hope I don't show up for nothing lol. I guess if I'm going to go i'll line up at mid night.

If its anything like the launch days I've camped out for in the past you will need to be there by 8pm Thursday night

I want the phone bad but not bad enough to stand in line that long. Checking apple preorders, it's still saying delivery in 3-4 weeks. I would rather wait 3-4 weeks than wait in line overnight.

When the 5 was launched my son wanted to go to the verizon store (we don't have an apple store) since he travels and wouldn't be available for the delivery. We got to the verizon store at 1am and there was only 1 person there.

I preordered on verizon for my plus, couldn't get on to apple, and after tons of time outs and errors I'm sitting at an expected delivery of oct 7...trying really hard to tell myself I can wait for that and not go to the store this Friday, it's cold here!

I normally sell on my old model, this year my partners buying my old one , so I couldn't really wait 4-5weeks for a preorder :/) hence queuing . It might be chilly tonight but I've a sleeping bag to keep warm in :/) and a flask of coffee