What's new

Buying experience

Henfield

Reaction score
I just did the tour of Best Buy, ATt and Apple stores looking to replace one of our iPhone 6's.
There is something about ATT stores and the people they hire that makes my skin crawl. The store design is cave like....
Best Buy... well try finding anyone. They just aren't set up for one to one discussion. In fact there wasn't anyone around.
Apple, I like the laid back approach they know the sale is made when you walk in...
Then there is always the do it on line and ship to me approach...

I love ordering online from Apple, I get what I want and look at all the other cool devices and extras. I just wish I could get my iPhones engraved like my iPads.

As a note, most ATT stores in LA county are bright and easy to shop in, but not nearly as nice as the Apple stores there

Awesome feedback. It was actually a very big consideration when Steve Jobs announced his plan for the first Apple Stores way back when. Minimalistic design with little to no sales pressure. There are no racks of merchandise to sift through and clearly no cash registers or check out lines. The entire experience is hands on, welcoming and like you’re hanging out with friends. When you’re ready to purchase, anyone can help you check out. In some cities in the US and Canada, you can check yourself out, no need to even buy from anyone. Pay with your Apple Store app and enjoy your product.

It’s a great model that many brands have tried to copy.

Apple Stores are cool. I get most of my technology needs from Walmart and Best Buy though and sometimes online.

A small niggle - bought my iPhone 8 in November 2018 from a Verizon store. Had very high cellular data use on the first day that exceeded my limit for the month. Turned out that Verizon store did the entire initial download via cellular data as opposed to store Wi-Fi. Verizon chat rep said store Wi-Fi was reserved for store employees only. But the setup was done by the store employee! In the end they gave me a credit toward the overage. But sheesh....