What's new

British Comedies?

ardchoille

Reaction score
I think British comedies are great, much better than the comedies on TV here in the US.

My favorites are:
  • Thin Blue Line
  • Father Ted
  • Vicar of Dibley
  • Fawlty Towers
  • As Time Goes By
  • IT Crowd
  • Red Dwarf
  • Mr. Bean
  • Are You Being Served?

What are some current British comedies? I'd like to watch more but they're rare here in the US, though I could likely find them on Netflix or iTunes.

:) the thin blue line used to be one of my favs... There is also only fools and horses, and absolutely fabulous, allo allo. goodnight sweetheart.

But I am the opposite, I always like the american shows more like modern family and the flash and supernatural, the big bang theory, once upon a time, orange is the new black, so many shows that the list is endless :D

Only Fools and Horses. Have seen them all several times, but it never fails to make me laugh

There's a recent comedy called "Hyperspace" that I've been meaning to watch.

There's a recent comedy called "Hyperspace" that I've been meaning to watch.
Yeah, I'm hoping to find more recent offerings, American TV is just getting too.. I don't know.. commercial?

No problem.

French and Saunders is another good one (Jennifer Saunders is in Absolutely Fabulous and is married to Adrian Edmonson. I believe he co-wrote AbFab and sings the theme song)

Laurie (from House) and Fry are well worth a look.

Trailer Park Boys is Canadian, but don't let that stop you. It has some fine moments.

There's also Steptoe and Son, the British sitcom that the American series Sanford and Son was based on.
I never liked Steptoe and Son, I found the old man creepy and the son just not credible......Just unfunny really.