What's new

Bricked my phone while jailbroken by hitting erase all content and settings

KyleRidesBikes

Reaction score
As the title says I bricked my iPhone 5S, I've have tried holding down the home button and plugging it into my pc but it is not recognized, yet it charges. It says the apple service is active. Also the battery is low so if it's plugged in it goes to the apple logo with the gray bar under it and says low battery for about 2 minutes and repeats. Please help ASAP

This is a worldwide forum, with members in every time zone. The member, or members, with an answer may not be online right now, which is why we allow forum members to bump their posts "once" after waiting at least 48 hours with no response.
Be patient, you'll almost certainly receive a response within the bumping time limit.

You could follow the instructions in the first post in this thread for putting your iPhone into DFU mode and initiating the restore from there. DFU Mode for Dummies Apple iPhone Forum
One thing you cannot do any longer is restore to any but the latest signed firmware which, in this case, is iOS 8.1.2

A few suggestions:

Disable your antivirus software and firewall on the computer
Install the latest version of iTunes
Install the most recent version of Java

A few suggestions:

A few suggestions:

That didn't seem to work :(, thank you anyway.

What happens (or doesn't happen) when you follow the steps in the link J.A. provided in post #5 (the "failsafe" method)?

Marilyn

Ok, then.

Skip the step that calls for opening TU (#2). Just follow the remaining steps (download the iOS 8.1.2 IPSW, put the phone into DFU mode and use the shift/restore method).

Marilyn

Ok, then.

Skip the step that calls for opening TU (#2). Just follow the remaining steps (download the iOS 8.1.2 IPSW, put the phone into DFU mode and use the shift/restore method).

Marilyn
It won't let me go into dfu mode.

DFU mode is tricky and you've got to get the timing down. May I suggest you use a timer to get that initial 10 seconds down.

If you cannot get the phone into DFU mode, then you have a hardware problem.

Marilyn