What's new

Bricked it....Can I replace the Baseband Processor? No Blobs

bfons303

Reaction score
Hey guys,

We have TMobile and Ive JB phones already and pretty much know what Im doing. Although..... Get this. Bricked my latest 3GS as it has one of the newer bootrom. I bought it used and went on my merry way with Redsn0w and didnt bother to look at the serial number. I know...stupid!

So, I have an 3GS that is stuck and I have no Blobs for it.

Can I replace the Baseband Processor? I hate to lose the $125 I paid for it as it's flawless and in great shape.

TIA

So... were you trying to install the iPad Baseband for unlocking? If that's the case then you've permenently damaged your iPhone. Unfortunately... there isn't a way to replace the "Baseband Processor..." or whatever it is in technical terms.

Yea...

Install Cydia and Install the Ipad Baseband.

*sigh*

I see new Baseband Processors on Ebay for cheap. just trying to find a cheap way to bring it back to life.

This sucks

Hmmmm... not really certain about the Baseband Processor thing. Let me check up on that....

Oh, well if they installed the iPad baseband on a 3Gs manufactured on or after the 35th week of 2011, it is now permanently an iPod Touch unfortunately :/

Oh, well if they installed the iPad baseband on a 3Gs manufactured on or after the 35th week of 2011, it is now permanently an iPod Touch unfortunately :/
Pretty much what I was going with above. What about this "Baseband Processor" the OP is refering to?!?

The baseband chip is soldered to the iPhone's mainboard, you would have to replace all of the internals, might as well just get a new 3Gs at that point though

From what Im finding, Replacing the Logic Board would do the trick but theyre as much as what I paid for the unit so may not even be worth it.

FWIW, I cant even use it as an Itouch! I wish I could so I could at least give it to my kids. Wifi is greyed out and it reboots randomly