What's new

bought Brand New iPhone 4s 16gb and it has ios 8.0.2

But what if it's not really a new phone, but somebody just sealed it back up and sold it as one

But what if it's not really a new phone, but somebody just sealed it back up and sold it as one
That's exactly what happened. The seller deliberately tried to deceive both Amazon and you, the buyer, as to the true status of the phone. Also, the Apple warranty on an iPhone starts when the phone is first sold by Apple, not when the box is first opened.

Last edited:
They offered to refund me $45 (I paid $185 shipped originally). After testing today the battery seems to be good so I think I will take the deal.

You are entitled to a full refund but its your call, Thanks for updating us.

The disadvantage of the deal is that you have no warranty as you would with an unused iPhone. But, as Poisonivy said, "It's your call".

The disadvantage of the deal is that you have no warranty as you would with an unused iPhone. .
I agree, This seller has already scammed you and if it was me i would want my money back and I would be giving negative feedback to hopefully stop him scamming someone else.

I know I can return it and get a full refund, but it is in really good cosmetic condition and the battery is good and for $140 that is a good deal considering it will cost me that much to get one in similar used condition off ebay...but then I have no idea if the battery is junk or not

And of course they are gonna get negative feedback.

The seller said they would send the refund right away...How do I know when I get it? I used a credit card for the purchase

Last edited:
The refund will show in your Amazon account, The first you will know of it is you will get an email from Amazon saying you have a refund.
It will be refunded to the card you used for the transaction.