What's new

Bought battery on ebay.

jerseyguy18

Reaction score
I cannot seem to get the battery to charge. Everything's connected the way the old battery was and I don't know if I bought a bad battery or the APN does not match. If anyone knows anything about fixing this I would appreciate the help.

There’s an excellent chance you bought a cheap Chinese battery that bears no resemblance to the stated specifications. If the battery is defective, there’s no way to fix it. How long ago did you buy the battery? eBay allows up to 45 days to open an item not as described dispute. Within that time frame you can ask the seller for a refund and if he refuses or ignores you, you can open the dispute and if eBay agrees with you you’ll get a full refund after you return the battery with tracking and signature on delivery.

Having had the same problem some time back, can you tell us which iPhone this battery was for?

Did you fit it yourself it so do you have experience with doing this.

Yes I have experience replacing a battery and the seller had an excellent rating regarding his products and the battery matched my phone so I think it's more an issue of my phone then the battery he sent.

It may have been worth it to have called Apple before you got that battery as I think some of that model phone (6s and 6s plus), had some issues with battery or power issues. I may be incorrect on this, but I think I saw it posted somewhere here on the forum. Or could have been somewhere else. Either way, it's a bit too late for that if you have taken the phone apart. You might be able to call and get some help.?? Not sure, but it won't hurt to try!!

I also saw that article on the forum as well but it had nothing to do with the stock battery being faulty. I chose to remove the battery myself, which I did successfully, but I tore a pinhole portion on the battery. I used electrical tape and it worked fine but I believe it was discharging due to that pinhole tear I caused when I removed the battery. Now this battery I got from EBay match the same APN number that came with my stock battery but when I place it to charge, it's showing that it's on standby mode on my surge protector. The surge protector is a Belkin that lights up a certain color whether it is charging, fully charged or nothing is connected to the USB portion of the surge protector. Like I said before the old battery, that I taped up, is showing that it is charging and the new one is lights up as if it is about to charge and then goes directly to the fully charged color, which is green. Now I am questioning if it has something to do with digitizer cables or the screen...Any input? Thanks for the previous reply.

And yes I tried to turnn on the phone after replacing the old battery (since I stated that the battery is showing that it is fully charged) lol. But does anyone know if a battery from EBay or a 3rd party source come pre charged?

It could still be a problem with the battery. Buying a new battery from a seller with good feedback is no guarantee against getting a bad battery.

I can possibly take this new battery and insert it in another iPhone (same model) and see if it charges and works eliminating the possibility of the new battery being faulty.

And yes I tried to turnn on the phone after replacing the old battery (since I stated that the battery is showing that it is fully charged) lol. But does anyone know if a battery from EBay or a 3rd party source come pre charged?
Batteries are charged before shipping but how much charge is remaining depends on how long it’s been since the battery was manufactured. All batteries self discharge at varying rates.

Well I honestly don't know if I should by another battery or see if there is anything wrong with the screen. Do you know where I can buy a type of glue that i can add onto the screen digitizer connector that will hold the ribbon cable that will turns the screen on and off? The ribbon cable that slides into the digitizer connector is fine it is the digitizer connector itself that will not hold the ribbon cable in place to light up the LCD

I can send a picture if that would help. Also now the opposite of what I just said, do you know where I can get something that will glue a ribbon cable that was torn and I need to glue somehow both ends back together. It's for a samsung galaxy.