What's new

Bought a refurbished 4s

Paul60

Reaction score
The iPhone 6s I bought on eBay is toast. I upgraded it to iOS 11.2 and now it is a brick.

I'm hoping PayPal will do the right thing and issue me a refund.

So, in desperate need of a phone, I picked up a refurbished 4s for $75 bucks.

After having a 6s for a month or so, now going back to a 4s, I really don't think I need another phone.

I really like the tiny size and to be honest, it does everything I need a phone to do.

If it conks out, for around 70 bucks I'll just buy another. Great little phone.

Have you tried hard resetting the phone. Hold down the power and home buttons until the  logo appears. The latest IOS is 11.0.3. That may possibly clear some bug that’s affecting your phone.

Have you tried hard resetting the phone. Hold down the power and home buttons until the  logo appears. The latest IOS is 11.0.3. That may possibly clear some bug that’s affecting your phone.

Thanks, yes, tried all that.

The 6s I bought has had the touch ID mucked about with.

It seems that iOS 11.2 and later recognizes that and won't update the phone.

Rendering it useless and giving me an error code every time I connect it to iTunes.

EoX0000013/15 or similar. Try again later.

I'm not bitter or trying to be a smartarse.

The reason for my post is that through all this bullshit, I have really come to appreciate my trusty 4s even more, and realized it's all I need in a phone.

The small screen is not an issue as I don't use any phone for much other than making calls or playing my fav radio stations, playing a few games etc.

Last edited: