What's new

BlueTooth "Non-Discovery"

Grafixx01

Reaction score
Ok, since I have used BlackBerries for over 10 years now, I recently switched to the iPhone4 on Verizon. Here's a question for y'all...

BlackBerries allow you to pair with a device and then have your device as "non-discoverable" but it will still allow for the Bluetooth speaker phone / headset / car connection to be available and used.

Is there an application like that for the iPhone4? If so, please provide a name.

Thanks!

The iPhone should do this for headsets or car kits as long as blutooth is turned on. There's alot of 3rd party bluetooth car kits that don't work 100%...

The iPhone should do this for headsets or car kits as long as blutooth is turned on. There's alot of 3rd party bluetooth car kits that don't work 100%...

I was able to pair my BlueAnt speakerphone to the phone without a problem. The issue that I'm having is that I want my BlueTooth on the phone to be 'non-discoverable' but still allow ONLY the connection to the BlueAnt Speaker phone. That was what I was able to do with the BlackBerry and did not know if the iPhone could do it or if there was a 3rd party application for it.

The iPhone is only discoverable when your in the bluetooth settings page and searching for devices. As soon as you exit the menu your phone is no longer discoverable except to already paired devices.

That's the way it should work anyway...

Thanks gaz...

I guess we don't know if its true. I know that it just keeps searching but I don't know if anything can connect or see it. I haven't tried it with my other phones yet.

Thanks again!

When your phone is searching it's discoverable. Tells you on the screen...

My son has this problem. My iPad and iPhone are paired to a few devices but when we go to pair with my sons 4 my iPad and iPhone can't see him and he can't see us. I don't know what to do? Any help would be appreciated.

In my experience the standard iPhone Bluetooth app cant find other iPhones/iPods. I'm assuming the same is for iPads...