What's new

Bluetooth headphones

Macette1

Reaction score
I am thinking about an on ear pair of Bluetooth headphones... any ideas people. My choice would be Bose but are to expensive, have read about Jabra any info on these jabra move....or other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't give Bose the time of day. Their products are a masterpiece of marketing and little else. Mention the name around hifi forums and every troll this side of the Nile will jump on you. It's not that their products are necessarily bad. It's that they are 3 times the price for what you are getting.

I've used Jabra's hands free BT earpieces and while they work well, I find them extremely uncomfortable.

I'd start with a look at Sennheiser. They have a vast range of headphones to choose from, with prices ranging from reasonable to astronomical. Bear in mind, though, that Sennheiser is just one manufacturer amongst many.

I know we don't usually send people looking at other forums, but in this case, I suggest a look at Head-fi. The people there have, between them, used just about every piece of headphone equipment on the planet. I haven't looked recently, but I think they have a Bluetooth section.

Head-Fi.org - Headphone forums and reviews for audiophiles

A word of caution. Read the threads but don't start one asking what you should buy. On hifi forums, we just LOVE to spend other people's money for them, usually while totally ignoring the poster's budget considerations.

What about Beats? Apple own them now.

Beats are in the same league as Bose. I'll see if I can find a link that I was sent a while back. Someone did a tear down of a set of Beats headphones and discovered them to be essentially a pile of expensive-looking junk. They even have weights built in whose only purpose is to make them feel more substantial than they really are.

EDIT: Found it.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/7639...m_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_584160

I am thinking about an on ear pair of Bluetooth headphones... any ideas people. My choice would be Bose but are to expensive, have read about Jabra any info on these jabra move....or other.

You don't fancy the Apple AirPods?

I wouldn't give Bose the time of day. Their products are a masterpiece of marketing and little else. Mention the name around hifi forums and every troll this side of the Nile will jump on you. It's not that their products are necessarily bad. It's that they are 3 times the price for what you are getting.

I've used Jabra's hands free BT earpieces and while they work well, I find them extremely uncomfortable.

I'd start with a look at Sennheiser. They have a vast range of headphones to choose from, with prices ranging from reasonable to astronomical. Bear in mind, though, that Sennheiser is just one manufacturer amongst many.

I know we don't usually send people looking at other forums, but in this case, I suggest a look at Head-fi. The people there have, between them, used just about every piece of headphone equipment on the planet. I haven't looked recently, but I think they have a Bluetooth section.

Head-Fi.org - Headphone forums and reviews for audiophiles

A word of caution. Read the threads but don't start one asking what you should buy. On hifi forums, we just LOVE to spend other people's money for them, usually while totally ignoring the poster's budget considerations.

Great info Kevin, thank you. I am a sennheiser fan I have a couple of pairs of corded. But the wireless on ear are quite pricey. Jabra are getting good reviews for around £60. But it's a mind field out there...will check out the forum and will lay low... lol

What about Beats? Apple own them now.

I did listen to beats and liked them but the price is over the top. I just want them for me on a solo walk with dog and husband to use with tv sometimes. Or if I want to listen to a YouTube video. But comfort is a big plus.

How about AKG? I've got wired headphones, and I like their sound. There are wireless headphones from AKG as well.

How about AKG? I've got wired headphones, and I like their sound. There are wireless headphones from AKG as well.

Yes AKG have a great rep. Have never heard them. But again not budget in wireless range. That's where sennheiser corded excelled because of the range they have. But Bluetooth are still a worry with a lot of brands , keeping connection comfort quality of sound and price. Really you just want value for money not the best but not the worst. So hard even being able to go and listen unless you have a hi fi shop on the corner. But will just take a stab in the dark and hope for the best... lol

I'm sure they are great, but the price and the chances of losing one maybe not... lol

Hi l have seen a connector that solves that problem. It slips over the end off the Air things so you can't lose one.
Made by a well known company, but guess what I can't remember the name. Could be the company that makes the split adapter for the iPhone

Gregory Isaacs R.I.P.

Hi l have seen a connector that solves that problem. It slips over the end off the Air things so you can't lose one.
Made by a well known company, but guess what I can't remember the name. Could be the company that makes the split adapter for the iPhone

Gregory Isaacs R.I.P.
Belkin?

Gregory Isaacs R.I.P.

Yes I think I have seen that ....was it Belkin, anyway it was a great idea and very useful, I'm not very fond of in ear, I prefer on ear.[emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just found something by Spigen on Amazon but the link didn't work

Gregory Isaacs R.I.P.