What's new

Blue Text Message Bubble

kulberg26

Reaction score
I was just wondering why some of my text messages are green and others are blue. My brother has an iPhone4 as well but he has never seen this. Anyone know why this is happening?

I was just wondering why some of my text messages are green and others are blue. My brother has an iPhone4 as well but he has never seen this. Anyone know why this is happening?

When I text between another iOS 5 device my (outgoing) text is blue. Non iso 5 devices are green

Yes. When you send a text to another iPhone its sending an iMessage so basically its a free text message system for iPhones kinda like what BBM is to Blackberry

kulberg26 said:

It's iMessage. It came preinstalled with iOS 5. It will send any SMS free of charge to other iOS 5 users (note it uses data). The green bubbles are regular SMS's to non iOS 5/non iPhone users.

إيكرانك...المسطرة

Both my brother and my mom have the same phone as I do but when I text them their bubbles are green.

kulberg26 said:
Both my brother and my mom have the same phone as I do but when I text them their bubbles are green.

They must have iOS 5 and have it turned on as well.

إيكرانك...المسطرة

You also have to have a data package or connection to a wifi network for iChat to work.

Also iMessage will try to send the message but if it fails for whatever reason, it will send as text and will note that instead of delivered. My iMessage is messed up

I recently moved from AT&T. On a new carrier, I sent a text to an iPhone user and when they reply their text goes to my old iPhone. I can then hold a text conversation with them on an iPhone that doesn't even have a SIM chip in it. BUT the problem is, now anyone that I text that has an iPhone... their replies go to a phone I don't keep with me. Or if they send me a fresh text (not a reply) I will never get it unless i happen to go to my iPhone and see that I have messages, and I have no idea who might be texting me with an iPhone so I can't warn them.

Do you think that deleting my record from their iPhone contacts and re-adding my info would correct the problem?

I just noticed that some of my text messages sent to the same person who has iPhone 3 with OS 5 update are blue and some green. The blue ones have no notation beneath them or they say 'delivered.' The green ones say 'sent as Text Message.' I was wondering if it could indicate whether they've been read/received or not?