What's new

Blocked numbers

jb57

Reaction score
Hi all I have about 20 blocked phone numbers on my iphone 7 How can I delete all of them ,,
only option is Unblock ? thanks,,,

Hi all I have about 20 blocked phone numbers on my iphone 7 How can I delete all of them ,,
only option is Unblock ? thanks,,,
I don’t believe you can. The number has to remain in the list in order for the call blocking feature to have a record of which numbers to block. If it were possible, the record of the blocking would be erased along with the number and the number would be free to resume calling you.

You can always get a 3rd party call blocker app like true caller or some other. Then you wouldn't need to use the OEM feature at all.
Not sure why you're worried about 20 numbers tho. I have over 150 in both the oem and true caller with no issues.

You can always get a 3rd party call blocker app like true caller or some other. Then you wouldn't need to use the OEM feature at all.
Not sure why you're worried about 20 numbers tho. I have over 150 in both the oem and true caller with no issues.
These third party apps will ask for a surprising amount of personal information, such as your entire contact list, some of it optional and some of it mandatory, before working properly. Some apps require you to set up an account before using the service.

These third party apps will ask for a surprising amount of personal information, such as your entire contact list, some of it optional and some of it mandatory, before working properly. Some apps require you to set up an account before using the service.
Understood, just stating another option. Always up to the individual to read the permissions before deciding. It would be impossible for an app like true caller to work without access to contacts.

Understood, just stating another option. Always up to the individual to read the permissions before deciding. It would be impossible for an app like true caller to work without access to contacts.
Actually the ability of such an app to block calls has nothing to do with your contacts list. That’s why providing your contacts list is optional. What they say they need the contacts list for is to create a global whitelist of numbers that won’t be automatically blocked by the app.

Actually the ability of such an app to block calls has nothing to do with your contacts list. That’s why providing your contacts list is optional. What they say they need the contacts list for is to create a global whitelist of numbers that won’t be automatically blocked by the app.
Yeah, we each need to make up our own minds as to whether or not we grant permissions. They offer other functions other than just call blocking. Texting, calling etc thru their app and they use their own dialer app. As far as I know that is the reason for the contacts accessibility permission. Those other functions won't work without it. But call blocking only doesn't really need contact access. I use it on my android also and maybe permissions are different between the two operating systems. Sometimes can be hard to keep straight what the same app does on the two different OS's. It's a great app for blocking spam calls before you hear it ring which is the reason I use it. While the OEM number block feature is nice this goes well beyond that functionality. I got tired of the OEM feature. Rather catch it in advance. If one doesn't want to give permissions then one loses alot of the function. Not even sure it would work at all. Guess to be as safe and secure as possible we should never install 3rd party apps. Even app store apps have been known to have issues in security. Worse on android I suppose.

I block a contact I created for this then add numbers I want blocked to my 'fake' contact. Works great for robo calls, that pesky 3rd grader that keeps taking my lunch money, and anyone else I want to block. I can always delete specific numbers if I want them to ring through

I block a contact I created for this then add numbers I want blocked to my 'fake' contact. Works great for robo calls, that pesky 3rd grader that keeps taking my lunch money, and anyone else I want to block. I can always delete specific numbers if I want them to ring through

What advantage does that have over blocking numbers with the block option iOS provides?

Exactly what I used to do. I'd call this contact "Annoying" or "Don't Answer"

What advantage does that have over blocking numbers with the block option iOS provides?

Now I get so many spam calls a day, I just block the number individually. Advantage though is you can look down and see it's a number that has called you in past since it says Annoying right away. It's at the point now where any number in my contacts I won't answer though.

What about no caller ID? Once you block their numbers they start withholding the number. I can't block them all because some are from hospital [emoji57]

Blocked numbers...whats that? It's my phone and if I don't want you calling me I tell them that. If they don't comply I let them know to expect a BEAT DOWN....LOL

You can also report spam calls and texts. Ask your carrier how. Some apps, such as Mr. Number, allow you to do it when you block a number.