What's new

Block a text message

Yes!!!!!!!!! Thank you for this solution!

Edit: Well that solves the text tone vibrating - but there's no option in the edit contacts to change the ringtone to silent AND turn off ring vibration. Unless I'm missing something..

That because there aren't any silent tones natively on your iPhone. You have to add a tone that is, you guess it, silent via iTunes. Then assign it to whomever you wish not to hear textin or calling.

That because there aren't any silent tones natively on your iPhone. You have to add a tone that is, you guess it, silent via iTunes. Then assign it to whomever you wish not to hear textin or calling.
I did buy a Silent RingTone from iTunes. But in the edit contacts window there's no option to choose no vibration like there is for Text Tone. :(. What am I doing wrong?

sure you can...

go to contacts, then EDIT the contact you've created for the text messages you don't want to receive. Scroll down to "vibration" and click on "None."

now you'll get the text message, with no vibration and no text tone
Exactly
So with no external sources, just reading what is on your phone, you can have this result
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357700773.664040.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Did you scroll all the way to the bottom...None is there
Nope. But it looked strange to me. So I deleted the contact and readded a new one. Now I have vibration choice in both positions: ringtone and text tone. That's all I need.

I think depending on the kind of contacts file you have (Exchange, iCloud) that Info window may look differently. Not sure. I was not seeing things. There was NO ringtone vibration option until I deleted the contact and readded it. Next time I'll take a picture of the screen.