What's new

Blank screen

brixtonboy

Reaction score
Don’t have too much info as yet, been given a 6s last night it was working fine. This morning totally blank screen.
Tried it on various cables and chargers but it’s not loading.
It was in a thick Allrounder leather case, can see no damage. It’s running iOS 10.3
So far tried cleaning the connection lightly.
Next step is to connect to my PC.
If that doesn’t work any more ideas?
Or is it Apple??

Try to get it to DFU mode if possible and go from there. Hopefully it’s just a fluke. That or try a hard reset as well. I would do this first if not don’t done yet. Hope you get it resolved!! Good day.

Still totally blank, no connection to iTunes on any of usb slots.
iPhone feels warm to touch, not hot. Nothing unusual though.

Reactions: 933
Spoke to my friend he said in the night he reset his alarm it didn’t go off. Late for work, so sad. Anyway l kept pressing the iPhone to try to get it in reset mode and suddenly after about 20 minutes the white screen appeared with the black Apple.
Called him for his passcode and opened it, connected it to my PC and backed it up via iTunes. What confuses me is, that I did this before and it did not help.
Some hours later it worked, the iPhone was cool and the battery shows 53% were has the rest gone? Any ideas?

Not a clue on that one!! Glad you got it working. Hopefully the issue won’t surface again!!

Not a clue on that one!! Glad you got it working. Hopefully the issue won’t surface again!!

I don’t mind if it happens again, if it’s the same solution.
He asked what l did to the iPhone, l told him that it was it a Trade Secret. Only for Experts, the first repair is free but next time it would cost if l could repair it.
I recommended that he take more care of his iPhone 6plus.

Haven’t heard from him this morning so l guess it’s ok.
Most people l know use Android phones but yesterday l met with someone that uses an iPhone 4s. It’s the only phone he has, had it for years, he said. Never let him down.

It was on his desk with the big plug in it on charge, just like mine, great.

Haven’t heard from him this morning so l guess it’s ok.
Most people l know use Android phones but yesterday l met with someone that uses an iPhone 4s. It’s the only phone he has, had it for years, he said. Never let him down.

It was on his desk with the big plug in it on charge, just like mine, great.
Maybe you haven't heard from him bc it's not okay? [emoji16]

Glad you got it working

Don’t have too much info as yet, been given a 6s last night it was working fine. This morning totally blank screen.
Tried it on various cables and chargers but it’s not loading.
It was in a thick Allrounder leather case, can see no damage. It’s running iOS 10.3
So far tried cleaning the connection lightly.
Next step is to connect to my PC.
If that doesn’t work any more ideas?
Or is it Apple??

It's happened to a couple of my phones, not sure why. Usually holding the home button and power button in for like 5 seconds will turn it back on, sometimes takes a few attempts.

I've noted in the past with my iPhone 6 that it takes a 'long' time to power-up after a shutdown. It's always been that way.

I did warn him to handle it with more care, so if it happens again and it’s the same problem, maybe l can make a few Euros [emoji38] nasty eh.