What's new

Blacklisted iphone4

Leighg04

Reaction score
I bought an iphone 4 last year. I quickly found out via orange it was blacklisted and I had to notify the police as it may be stolen. I did so. However today the police returned the phone to me today saying they had no reason to believe it was stolen. Orange won't give me details to contact previous owner due to data protection, nor will they contact them on my behalf. Soo...what do I do. Can it be fixed or am I stuck with a glorified ipod lol. X

I bought an iphone 4 last year. I quickly found out via orange it was blacklisted and I had to notify the police as it may be stolen. I did so. However today the police returned the phone to me today saying they had no reason to believe it was stolen. Orange won't give me details to contact previous owner due to data protection, nor will they contact them on my behalf. Soo...what do I do. Can it be fixed or am I stuck with a glorified ipod lol. X
I'm afraid that there's nothing you can do to make your device operational as a phone. With it being blacklisted, you won't be able to get it activated. You're stuck with a glorified iPod, I'm afraid.

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator

That sucks..... :(

Sorry to hear that OP