What's new

Black screen. after reset, the phone isn't working

CaliforniaGirl

Reaction score
I dropped my phone two days ago. It still received and made calls (using Siri) and I could even have Siri read my text messages. Yesterday, I did a reset, hoping the screen would come on, by pressing the home and the on/off for 15 seconds. Still no screen. But also no phone calls, and no Siri.

I plugged in the phone to recharge it. When plugged in, it beeps continually, which I read somewhere tells me that I have a screen issue. Iphone can see all my stored stuff - by the way I am running 7.1.1. However, I can't receive calls, pressing the home button doesn't bring up Siri.

I can take it in to a repair shop tomorrow -- but since today is Christmas I would love to be able to make and receive calls again. Any suggestions?

What happens if you treat it as though it were simply turned off and you try to turn it on (power it up) again?

Apparently, when the screen in broken, it never powers on properly after the reset. The moral of the story is if you break your screen on Christmas Eve, and you want to make calls on Christmas Day, do not try to reset your phone. I did get a new screen on Dec. 26, and then it could receive and make phone calls again.

I'm glad you got your iPhone working again. Thanks for letting us know.