What's new

BigU Movie users Question for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkosonen

Reaction score
I got the BigU movie App and its very cool!! my question is I dont have component cable for my iphone yet and was wondering if there is any other way I can stream/play my movies i downloaded on my TV.

I can't believe people are paying for this? Just use unlimvids from cydia

The best option for watching movies direct on an iPhone 4 atm.

VLC Player? (Free)
Ifile? (99p)

Just copy files to the phone - Job Done

I could go on.... but its definatly not the Best out there at the moment...

Are you the Developer? You seem to be taking my "Sole Opinion" very personally... ;)

I have never used BigU but I have tried Ulimvideos. My preference would be to stream rather than download for 2 reasons. I was using Torrentula to download movie torrents to zip files which then had to be uncompressed to view the avi file using VLC, but whenever I tried this method I would have issues with my IP4 capacity being shrunk by a few gigs when I deleted the file, I have no idea why this kept on happening, so a restore was required. Also when I connected my phone to my TV using composite cable the picture quality was very poor (dark and jerky on the tv but crisp on the phone).

Anyway back to the point: If it is possible to stream a file without having to be concerned about constant buffering I would go for that method all day long, no having to wait for a download to finish. I tried Ulimvideos and that appeared to keep buffering all the time, now if BigU is a smooth stream and show a clear picture on a 40inch, I for one would give that a go, I just need to get that confirmed first.

So iPhone4Master if you can confirm if you have connected you phone to a TV and the quality as well as any buffering issues.

Cheers

Ok I just view some samples using BigU and that froze just as much as Ulimvideos, so I don't see the benefits.

Lol, this is your first post, who are you really, are you a plant? lmao

Are you being serious, how much did you have to pay & can I borrow your username and password to test it out ;-)))))

Were you streaming over 3g or wifi & what was the quality like on your TV with what connections?

Last edited:
I agree with snipr8100 it is an awesome site only recommendation when streaming or playing in TV out is to put your phone in air plane mode. I started using this in November and with Apple Composite AV ($$$$ tried off brand kept getting not compatible so went with real)

Cable constantly connected to the tv movies are now the bomb! Watched True Grit and it was awesome quality. Occasionally you get a lesser quality however if it keeps me from going to Redbox or unless it has too be seen on big screen who cares?

When a movie is off (like when sub titles where in German, or if a cam view from theater) it gives me and my family something to laugh about site is much better than the other torrent sites.

sony007 if you go to the actual site the donation is less

Lol...I can't believe it, I just registered on BigU and started using it....it's the the nuts guys, well I think so. I'm streaming over 3g and it's still damn good, and the dvd library, the quality is spot on. Now all I have to do is have my phone to watch a movie on a night in with m8's. Cheers for the recommendation guys.

I would like to order an HDMI or Component (red, blue, green) hookup for my iphone4. Has anyone tried either one with BigU?

Also, when I stream or download a movie I can't seem to get back to the main menu without restarting my phone.

Any help is appreciated. Thx!

Tapping 3 times worked to get back to main. I will probably order a component cable online soon.

Thanks a million!

I use the apple component cable as well. If you go to ifortner.com and register through the web site is only 10$. I seen it mentioned that these movies free from unlimvideos app. While this is true. The ease of use and convenience of the big u app is far superior IMO. For 60$ (the membership and comp cable) you have an awesome amount of new and older movies at your disposal. The in theater movies are mostly cam movies , but some are DVD quality. I would have to say it blows unlimvideos out of the water.

Not only that, as I said previously I was using Ulimvideos before I started using BigU, and it just kept on constantly buffering, I don't get that with BigU.

i had just paid for bigu movie nd just as i was about to write down the email for bigu to send me m user name nd passwrd my ipod crash nd now i dont kno the email.all i remmeber is that it end with gmail.com...so plzzz help me

Lol...I can't believe it, I just registered on BigU and started using it....it's the the nuts guys, well I think so. I'm streaming over 3g and it's still damn good, and the dvd library, the quality is spot on. Now all I have to do is have my phone to watch a movie on a night in with m8's. Cheers for the recommendation guys.

i see that u kno about bigu movies rite...i just but nd when they gave me to email to request my user name nd passwrd my ipod crash so i would like to kno if u remember the email...all i remember was that it was ah gmail email...I NEEED UT HELP MAN HELP ME OUT PLZZZ

Status
Not open for further replies.