What's new

Bettery Battery Life On iPhone 4S Getting Stable

Bassman9571

Reaction score
Finally had a day when the iPhone 4S battery life really impressed me I went a lot longer than usual all stock iPhone not jailbroken (stupid). And it's a 32gb with like 89 apps and 16gb less with great battery life 😏😃

Sent from my iPhone4S 32GB

Attachments

• $image-3790001955.jpg
    $image-3790001955.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 451
Oh duh my bad I will try to make an updated one where I haven't charged in the middle of it

I have tried everything to improve my iphone 4s battery stamina.

I changed from an htc android wildfire which had a 3 day battery life between charges ( though with other problems to be fair).

I now some one week from purchase have to recharge twice a day .

Spoke to Applecare twice on the phone - had to as the apple store , whilst not too busy to see me the phone , told me to make an appointment for a weeks time to test my battery!

I have done restores and resets and turned off everthing i can - to the stage that my iphone is just not what i wanted if for - eg have to wait 30 minutes for emails or manually push ,can't use siri etc.

Has anyone got any idea if Apple are going to fix this problem or are there any definitive fixes ?

I'm Jailbroken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330838817.118659.jpg
    $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330838817.118659.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 423
Miss.manson said:
I'm Jailbroken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But ya you have A GSM carrier which is a little better on battery life anyways
and this is with playing games and music which I still Isnt amazing and sadly to say I'm buying a Droid Razr Maxx but I'm still gonna keep my 4S just incase I have a sudden urge to go back to my iPhone(Baby)

Attachments

• $image-2481522688.jpg
    $image-2481522688.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 431
That last pic is horrible this is what I've usually been getting as an average.

45ae572c-b69c-3092.jpg

Attachments

• $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331017355.638319.jpg
    $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331017355.638319.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 368
My 4s has finally gotten better. Seemed it just needed to run some charge cycles for a month to maximize performance. I've turned off tons of things. I know all the settings and tricks and do forth. Done them all. Kept Siri on, don't use it that much bet yes when I do it chews up battery. I started noticing it getting a lot better when I finally found out to turn ping off. After about 4-5 days I noticed significantly better battery life. It's still not where I'd like it to be. But I can go a full day with no charge now thru normal usage. I couldn't do that before when I first got it.

So how do you turn ping off, and how would I run charge cycles on my iPhone? I'm having the same problems.

You go to settings/general/restrictions. You'll have to turn restrictions on first probably. Then once in that screen you will go down to ping and turn it off. From what I understand pin constantly just sends data at all times or very often without you even knowing. This simply stops that and saves power believe it or not. It does not hinder using your phone as ping doesn't do anything else. I was skeptical. Saw minor differences for 3-5 days. Then after probably 8 days I saw a consistent difference and better life.

Charge cycle: meaning run the phone completely down, to basically 0. Then charge it fully. Do not interrupt the charge. Dont unplug it and plug it back in. Wait till it gets to 100%. The. Use the phone as normal. Do this about 3 times. Within a week. That seems to liven up my battery and sort of awaken the thing. Sounds stupid but it worked.

I've unplugged my phone at 1130am and it's now 113am (13 hours) and I'm at 31%. with solid usage of the phone using apps and so forth. That's pretty good battery life. There was no way I was getting that without doing those things I said above, in conjunction with all the normal tricks, and settings, and location services and plenty more etc. Doing all these things together work the best. And I have siri still on and many location services on, like map, restaurant apps, and many others.