What's new

Better Theft Prevention/Recovery

Pilotmorbz

Reaction score
Hello

I had my iphone 5S stolen last week. It was pin coded and finger print locked, with find my iphone enabled. However, all seemed pointless as the thief just turned the phone off which meant I couldn't track it. I subsequently had to spend a small fortune on insurance excess and time talking to the police, network provider etc

Now I have a new iphone again, I want to find a piece of software or an app that can protect me better. I have a few ideas in mind, and I was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction in order to find something that matches what I want...

-App which takes a photo using the forward camera every time the phone is unlocked, switched on or switched off, that stores the images in an online database for 24 hours. (End result: a nice mugshot of the thief/last person to use it)
-An app which allows find my iphone to still run even when the phone is switched off (can the gps chip / part of the phone still be powered when switched off?)
-An app which asks for a pin code in order to turn the phone off to prevent shutdown

Can anyone recommend something like the above to help me make my phone more secure and easy to locate should a theft of my device occur again?

Thanks in advance
Steve

Please keep in mind that none of these apps/tweaks will get your phone returned to you, the thief will simply use it for parts or throw it away. You have to consider the criminal mind, they're not going to go out of their way for anything that doesn't benefit them - that includes returning a phone. And a mugshot app is rendered useless if the thief covers the camera.

As an alternative I would recommend that people get into the habit of never letting their iOS devices out of their site.

Some item you mentioned i think is not possible, but Igotya is perfect to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ICaughtu pro jailbreak app. Paid version if course. Takes a picture if wrong passcode is entered. Takes a picture if trying to power down while locked. Sends email with pic and location. Awesome app. PM me for more details

ICaughtu pro jailbreak app. Paid version if course. Takes a picture if wrong passcode is entered. Takes a picture if trying to power down while locked. Sends email with pic and location. Awesome app. PM me for more details

This alone would make a jailbreak worth it.

Awesome app. Jailbreak now before ios gets updated in the coming days

It will also send you an SMS if someone sticks their SIM card in your phone. It will send the phone number of the new SIM card to a phone number of your choice. You can also send remote commands to your phone to take pics, send location, lock or erase phone, play alarm or display a msg