What's new

Best way to buy an unlocked iphone 5s

fiat

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking to buy an unlocked iphone 5s. Could anyone share your thought of best way considering the following factors:
1. reliable supplier, 2. price, 3. financing program, 4. carrier-related, 5. order placing (online, store, phone, ...) 6. others

Thank you for help.

Hi, I am looking to buy an unlocked iphone 5s. Could anyone share your thought of best way considering the following factors:
1. reliable supplier, 2. price, 3. financing program, 4. carrier-related, 5. order placing (online, store, phone, ...) 6. others

Thank you for help.

If you live in Canada or have someone there who can purchase it for you, the Canadian Apple online store only sells unlocked iPhones.

Here in the UK we can buy an unlocked iphone direct from Apple, not sure what part of the world you are in.

Straight from apple is always the best way or a carrier if you want to save cash

Thanks. I am in north California, USA. Actually I am considering to go with T-Mobile service. Apple and T-M both have similar (24 mo) financing program. The only difference could be the actual phone price. T-M already set out a lower price (than Apple) for iphone5c. I am waiting to see if they would follow suit for iphone5s. Another difference maybe that Apple's unlocked phone come with T-M sim card installed, but T-M's may require extra fee for the sim card? We'll see around Sept 20.

So far, there seems no other suppliers in us being recommended for some special reason/advantage. Anyone?

yes you should buy from Apple store only, they are the most reliable source else you might end up getting no warranty or problems with the device later.

yes you should buy from Apple store only, they are the most reliable source else you might end up getting no warranty or problems with the device later.

For warranty purposes, it makes no differences whether or not you buy your iPhone directly from Apple or from any of the many authorized resellers around the world. For example, you can bring the iPhone you bought at BestBuy to an Apple store for warranty service. You can also get warranty service for your iPhone at any Apple service centre no matter what country it's located in. The warranty is worldwide.

For warranty purposes, it makes no differences whether or not you buy your iPhone directly from Apple or from any of the many authorized resellers around the world. For example, you can bring the iPhone you bought at BestBuy to an Apple store for warranty service. You can also get warranty service for your iPhone at any Apple service centre no matter what country it's located in. The warranty is worldwide.
Yes, this is where Apple excel, their customer service just can't be beaten.

Did anyone pre-order unlocked iphone5c from T-M? What's the total price (phone, sim card, etc) you pay?

Agree my next iphone (maybe the 5s maybe the 6) will be purchased outright from the Trafford Centre Apple Store, (64gb version minimum, hopefully a 128gb one). They come factory unlocked and i know i will have zero issues with returning it should there be an issue, its the most direct and easiest way to do it.

At the rate things are going, all smart phones may be unlocked in the next year.

Hopefully congress won't blow it.