What's new

Best way to backup all Cydia apps?

Matth3w

Reaction score
What's the best way to do this? Ultimately I'd like to just have one restore...so if I replaced my phone due to breaking it or something, I could just restore everything with one click.

Oh, you are a dreamer. One click restore, we all dream of that. Reality is:
1: Use "pkgbackup" from Cydia to backup all your Cydia apps, you can save it to your contacts or dropbox. DropBox is probably the best solution. It saves a list of apps that you have on your iPhone.

2: When you have to restore for whatever reason, first restore from iTunes.

3: Jailbreak again.

4: Go to Cydia and download "Pkgbackup" again and install it.

5: Open Pkbackup and go to wherever you saved your backup, Contacts or DropBox. If you used DropBox you may have to install DropBox first.

6: Tell PkgBackup to restore from that backup. It will look at your list and try to download all the apps you have in the list and install them. You may still have to download and install a few apps separately.

No matter how you do it, it's a PITA to do a complete restore.

Another thing to do is download the "AppInfo" app from Cydia and send yourself an e-mail with all of your installed Cydia apps listed from the app. This way you will have a list of all the current apps, so you can be sure they have been re-installed during the restore.

What's the best way to do this? Ultimately I'd like to just have one restore...so if I replaced my phone due to breaking it or something, I could just restore everything with one click.

When you open Cydia there is an option to manage your account, it is tied into either your facebook or twitter account (your choice).. From here you can re-install any app that was bought through Cydia. Its not one click but it works. I was mainly concerned with replacing MiWi at 19.99 it was the most costly app I have ever purchased! But well worth it!

Poco that info is exactly what I was looking for.

AptBackup, pkgBackup, those are the 2 I'm using. If one fail, the second works.