What's new

Best protection for the Viphone

Chugbug

Reaction score
Besides leaving the phone in the box and not using it.........any suggestions on the best screen protectors and cases. My ne2 is here within the next 4 weeks so I want to order what I need to have it here waiting for the new arrival. I was looking the Ion (promo'd here) and it looks pretty hefty. What about screen protectors, anything out there that does not mess with the amazing iphone screen??? Is there any other accessory I should consider as well. Coming from a "dumb" phone so I'm going to have a large learning curve.

Outter box Defender case. I love mine, I am a electrician and need all the protection I can get, and I got it with this case. Screen protection built right in the case. Makes the phone a little bulky but it protects my phone. And you will love it when you get it. I had an LG dare before and I learned quickly, I don't know how I lived without it for so long.

Last edited:
I swear by Zagg screen covers and right now I'm also using the Incipio 2 piece cover sold by Verizon. I'm waiting for the Otterbox Commuter to be released for the Vzn iPhone.

I have the Otterbox Defender and the only downside to it is that it is sort of bulky. Im in the military so I think its perfect to protect my iPhone. When im off duty, I do tend to take it out of the case and put it in something smaller, so I already have a screen protector on it as well.

I swear by Zagg screen covers and right now I'm also using the Incipio 2 piece cover sold by Verizon. I'm waiting for the Otterbox Commuter to be released for the Vzn iPhone.

That's what I went with too but I feel like screen covers compromise the quality too much. I do still have my zagg full body everywhere else except the screen. I've had it for a while

I have the Powersupport Crystal screen protectors front and back and the black Apple bumper. A clear bumper would work better but haven't seen one offered by Apple and I'm leery of the cheaper ones offered on Amazon. Anyway the iPhone is protected all the way around and the screen is just as bright!

Thanks everyone! Looking more towars the Otterbox. I'm a little rough so protection is a must. Thanks again for everyones help.

Thanks everyone! Looking more towars the Otterbox. I'm a little rough so protection is a must. Thanks again for everyones help.

I have the otterbox, but took out the plastic screen protector that came with it, and put on the Zagg Invisishield. The plastic piece wasnt flush and just felt awkward, idk lol but anyway, just my $0.02 lol

I have the Seidio, and it's great if you prefer the belt clip carry mode and it's Well Made, most likely well last longer than the phone, the holster is perfect it covers and protects the face of the camera, and most of all not bulky.
clear1x1.gif
clear1x1.gif
clear1x1.gif
clear1x1.gif
Innocase™ Active X Combo - Black
clear1x1.gif
clear1x1.gif
clear1x1.gif
clear1x1.gif
clear1x1.gif
clear1x1.gif
Innocase™ II Surface Combo - Ash Grey
clear1x1.gif

For use with Apple iPhone 4 (AT&T/Verizon/Unlocked)
Now Shipping!

For use with Verizon Apple iPhone 4

Last edited:
i like my griffin survivor. does not have the dumb cutout for the apple logo and very protective of my phone.

I have the otterbox defender for the iPhone 4 and im one of those who'd stand by it as well lol. I work in the construction field and it has saved my device many times. It does add bulk but it's well worth it! On the up side the outer silicone shell really adds some grip to the device as well. The belt holster also doubles as a kickstand for watching videos. Hope this helps!

I have the Otterbox Impact in Yellow. Absolutely love it! Also have a ZAGG screen protector on it. This case is all heavy-duty silicone and protects against minor impacts and drops on soft surfaces. I would not want to test it on concrete or something hard though...but it is proven to withstand such impacts. It has a lot of tiny waffle-weave material inside that resists and protects against impacts. Very nicely built. Highly recommend!! :D

I'm using the Otter Defender. Put my baby in it before we even left the store. I love the protection but I do feel the bulk. Been thinkin about trying something else but I'm a police officer and I wear it on my duty belt so I need something rugged like other posters.