What's new

Best "find my car" app?

EWyatt

Reaction score
Does anyone have a recommendation for a really good "Find My Car" app? There are several in the Apple Store, but most have pretty lame ratings -- but ratings can be deceiving. Any help, thanks.

i do not think the idea is nice itself! try to find something else.

I would also be interested in this!!! I think it's an awesome idea! :)

why dont u just use google maps and before you leave your car, put a drop pin on that location? easy enough, i do all the time and works great.

why dont u just use google maps and before you leave your car, put a drop pin on that location? easy enough, i do all the time and works great.

......because Google maps require an Internet connection, and there actually are places in the world w/o wireless Internet! A GPS-only app is what I'm talking about....

I'm not seeing anything called google map. I see google and some other google apps (Google Earth) but I don't see a maps? Is that the exact name? Thanks! I'm new here.

tervill said:
I'm not seeing anything called google map. I see google and some other google apps (Google Earth) but I don't see a maps? Is that the exact name? Thanks! I'm new here.

Wow. If you have a iPhone. Google maps is the Map app. Lol

Wow thanks for the warm welcome. The reply could have been said without the "wow". I don't use any of the apps that came with my iPhone. I did a search on my phone for google maps and it didn't show so I did a search in the app store and still nothing. If I have never use that app how would I know it's by google but thanks for the reply even if it was a bit snarky.

I've been using an app called Parkbud, which allows you to keep track of your parking meter time, and also map your car by gps.

Disappointed that ratings for this kind of app are obiously faked. These comments are not. I started using Parking Pin this week and am impressed. I launched the app when I exited the garage and made three stops before returning home. Pins were automatically placed in each location and I used the hot/cold finder with no problem. I prefer hot/cold to gps mapping directions because I am more likely to lose track of my car in a large parking lot than on the streets. If Garmin has accuracy tolerances for gps location, I can live with the tolerances within this app.

David

Disappointed that ratings for this kind of app are obiously faked. These comments are not. I started using Parking Pin this week and am impressed. I launched the app when I exited the garage and made three stops before returning home. Pins were automatically placed in each location and I used the hot/cold finder with no problem. I prefer hot/cold to gps mapping directions because I am more likely to lose track of my car in a large parking lot than on the streets. If Garmin has accuracy tolerances for gps location, I can live with the tolerances within this app.

David
Parking Pin? Does it hold the location for long? I also need help finding my car at the airport when I return from a trip. Thanks.

According to Help file they sent me, "The "All Pins" view shows you a list of all of your parking spots from the last 30 days. It also displays all your spots on the map below." You can get answers to questions by going to their web-site at www.everydayodessy.com. I got answers to my questions within a business day.

Great. I had something called Anchor but I haven't tried it yet. Thank you for doing my research!

In Anchor's defense, I forgot I had it. You know what mom said about forgetting your head...