What's new

Bent my 7+

I would be rather proud of that phone - run over and still working!

More proud of the case haha. Otterbox did it's job. No doubt my phone would be unusable if the case wasn't on it.

How much was it bent? Got a photo?

No photo's, but I'll take some. Maybe after work today. It's pretty bent. I put a new case on it, and the phone and case are fighting each other a little haha. Case is forcing phone to be more flat. Even now, with a flat case on, the phone bends case enough that if I put it face down, I can easily flick a large paperclip under it. It's flatter now than it was though. Case flattened it to some degree. When it first happened, it was really bad, but when I took it out of the case at the Apple store, it was less bent.

More proud of the case haha. Otterbox did it's job. No doubt my phone would be unusable if the case wasn't on it.

No photo's, but I'll take some. Maybe after work today. It's pretty bent. I put a new case on it, and the phone and case are fighting each other a little haha. Case is forcing phone to be more flat. Even now, with a flat case on, the phone bends case enough that if I put it face down, I can easily flick a large paperclip under it. It's flatter now than it was though. Case flattened it to some degree. When it first happened, it was really bad, but when I took it out of the case at the Apple store, it was less bent.
I wonder if you lay it flat and put a little weight like a heavy book on it maybe overnight?
You could check it periodically and add more weight later until it looks better.

Poisonivy, it's already been through a motorcycle running over it. I wouldn't risk that personally.

Poisonivy, it's already been through a motorcycle running over it. I wouldn't risk that personally.

I tried to lightly bend it, and got a dark red spot in the middle of my screen. Spot disappeared when I let off pressure, but yeah, I'm going to leave as is until it fails.

I've seen a trick were people put handy's in a jar filled with rice, would that help?

On a serious note are backing up your iPhone daily just in case it suddenly gives up the ghost?

I've seen a trick were people put handy's in a jar filled with rice, would that help?

On a serious note are backing up your iPhone daily just in case it suddenly gives up the ghost?

Daily? Na, it is backed up. There's nothing all that new or important on my phone that needs backing up that often.