What's new

being able to answer and hang up telephone calls with my voice

kelray

Reaction score
I have a iPhone SE and I need to be able to answer the telephone and hang it up totally with my voice. I am disabled and cannot press any buttons to answer or disconnect the telephone. I contacted Apple and they said they did not have this feature. They recommended going on to a forum to see if anybody knew of any apps that might do this for me. Any ideas how I could gain this functionality would vary be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much for any ideas you might have.

Jabra is a company that makes a variety of Bluetooth accessories. I use one of their speakerphones in my car called the Freeway. When a call comes in I can pick it up and talk just by saying "answer." But to hang up I have to press a button on the unit. If the other party hangs up, the phone will disconnect on its own. They make a line of wireless headsets. It's possible that they may have something that might do what you need. If you need to do it without hardware other than your phone I can't help you, but if you think there's any possibility that you might be interested in one of their products it might be worth contacting them to see what they have to offer. There may be other companies with similar products.

The hanging up would not really be a problem as l see it.
If it's as you say. Most likely the caller would know the situation and even if not, one only needs to say, can
you hang up now. And l look forward to speaking to you again.