What's new

Battery

indyfsufan

Reaction score
I know the battery on any phone depends on the use and how long it will last, but I was wondering how the IPhone 7+ battery is? I know being with Android there are some times that my battery would start draining pretty fast for some reason at times that the phone isn't being used. Still anxiously waiting on my 7+ to arrive.

I've had similar experiences with android. There was an issue some time ago when battery drain would start occurring drastically for no reason even with the phone idle. The resolution was to restart the phone. They fixed the issue, but it seems to have returned in one of the more recent updates. My wife has this issue from time to time, but by the time she catches it, most of her battery is drained. I'm also anxiously awaiting the 7+. My current phone died on me about a week ago, so I'm going nuts in the meantime.

I just got my iPhone Plus yesterday around 9:30am, it came charged to about 96% and I used it all day yesterday setting it up and playing around with it. By the time I went to bed approx. 11:00pm-11:30pm it still had about 23% left. We'll see how it holds up today.

Do you think it's safe if I use the power brick that came with my S7 Edge to charge my iPhone 7 Plus?

Tapped from my Plus Sized iPhone 7

Do you think it's safe if I use the power brick that came with my S7 Edge to charge my iPhone 7 Plus?

Should be OK. I just use whatever I have to hand and never have any problems. I have a twin USB gizmo that plugs into the cigarette lighter socket of my truck. At home, I plug the USB cable directly into a Monster power conditioner. My son stole all of my official Apple gear for his SE, because that appears to be what teenagers do!!!

Should be OK. I just use whatever I have to hand and never have any problems. I have a twin USB gizmo that plugs into the cigarette lighter socket of my truck. At home, I plug the USB cable directly into a Monster power conditioner. My son stole all of my official Apple gear for his SE, because that appears to be what teenagers do!!!

Thanks ...I figured it'd be okay but always like to get the opinion of the pros [emoji12]

For those who don't know, the battery itself has electronics that prevent over/under charging.

So, today was the first day where I would say my phone usage was my "typical day" - basically not constantly playing with it all day long LOL

Would be lying if I said that I'm not very happy with where my battery is at:

6d36db503c7d5ec1a0357c407a3a1e73.png

Now, having used Android for years I can't help but wonder if this will be my new norm, or if similar use tomorrow can yield a drastically different result ... I guess time will tell, but am hoping I have more days like today!!

So, today was the first day where I would say my phone usage was my "typical day" - basically not constantly playing with it all day long LOL

Would be lying if I said that I'm not very happy with where my battery is at:

6d36db503c7d5ec1a0357c407a3a1e73.png

Now, having used Android for years I can't help but wonder if this will be my new norm, or if similar use tomorrow can yield a drastically different result ... I guess time will tell, but am hoping I have more days like today!!

No. I think your fingers just needed a rest. Tomorrow you'll be back to normal and playing with it all day. It's what iPhone users do.

No. I think your fingers just needed a rest. Tomorrow you'll be back to normal and playing with it all day. It's what iPhone users do.

Haha ...

Well now that I think about it, yesterday wasn't terrible either. Unplugged at 5 AM and at 10 PM I had about 30ish% and like 9/10 hours of use, maybe even more, don't recall ... but I was messing with it ALL day!
Guess I can live this battery behavior [emoji12]

@YankInDaSouth I'd take this battery over all phones I've used ...it sips on standby and get great screen time ...I'd be interested to see how things will go once Apple goes to OLED ...

iPhone Seven Plus
OLED screens save power due to the fact that they don't use any power for black pixels. If Apple uses that type of screen, they may implement a new UI "dark mode" option. At least, I hope it will be an option, I hate dark UI's.

OLED screens save power due to the fact that they don't use any power for black pixels. If Apple uses that type of screen, they may implement a new UI "dark mode" option. At least, I hope it will be an option, I hate dark UI's.

I'm opposite l would love a dark UI ! Haha
I'm with on screen just feel bumping up from 1080p usually gives the battery drain a bit of a hit .

iPhone Seven Plus