What's new

Battery usage

amyberta

Reaction score
when I go to settings and click on battery, it won’t tell me what apps are using the most percentage. It worked a couple of times but stopped working. It works on my iPad but not my iPhone 6. How do I fix this.

Thanks
Amy

How long after you disconnected the charger was this? It does take a while for the battery usage figures to appear after charging the battery.

Reactions: 933
A few minutes. The times that it worked it showed right away. Does the battery have to be charged all the way to show it?

A few minutes. The times that it worked it showed right away. Does the battery have to be charged all the way to show it?
It just came up. The battery was charged all the way. Another question, how do I stop an app from running in the background?

I can't speak for the iPhone 6 but my iPhone 7 displays the usage percentages even when it's charging at 20% or 100%. Might be time for a hard reset or restore from backup. Good luck and let us know when you finally get it working and how.
As far as the background app refresh goes there is a good article at "How to manage Background App Refresh on iPhone and iPad"

Last edited:
I can't speak for the iPhone 6 but my iPhone 7 displays the usage percentages even when it's charging at 20% or 100%. Might be time for a hard reset or restore from backup. Good luck and let us know when you finally get it working and how.
As far as the background app refresh goes there is a good article at "How to manage Background App Refresh on iPhone and iPad"
Thanks, I found out that on of my apps was using a lot of the charge. I deleted it and the battery is fine now.:)

You can also quit an app from running in the background by double clicking the home button and then swiping the app up and off the screen. Many times this won't actually help battery usage because it takes a bit of battery to restart them. However, I have heard that FB is one app that is a battery hog and battery life is helped by closing it out.

I just recharged my battery and aging it’s not showing the percentage. I don’t know why it works sometimes and other times it doesn’t.

Is the battery percentage switch turned on? To check, go to Settings>Battery>Battery Percentage and make sure the switch is turned on.

Is the battery percentage switch turned on? To check, go to Settings>Battery>Battery Percentage and make sure the switch is turned on.
Yes it’s switched on I also restarted by using the home button. Nothing worked. I don’t have this with my iPad.