What's new

Battery health

Old Goat Ninja

Reaction score
I recently learned of this feature while Googling symptoms. My battery life has decreased dramatically in last 4 days. First time I figured maybe it wasn't plugged in at night like I thought it was. Nope, next fews days I checked battery percentage when waking up. I don't think it's software since there hasn't been any changes to that (just got the 11.4 notice a few minutes ago, have not installed yet). Anyways, If I got to settings>battery,>battery health (beta), my battery health is at 88% but still performing optimally. Just curious to see what you guys are seeing, and if it's under 100%, have you noticed a life span change? I wake up at 5:45am, and by the time I get home from work at 4:00pm, my battery has been 20-something% all week. This literally happened over night. Before this, it was 60-something% when I got home. Just curious if my battery is on it's last leg and getting ready to quit on me.

What does battery usage say about it. Has anything different started using a lot of battery power.

Reactions: 933
Nope, nothing has changed there. Typical numbers from the apps I use.

Whatever the issue was, it went away. Weirdest dang thing lol.

Mine was at 88% too prior to the upgrade to 11.4. iPhone 7 Plus purchased on release date in 2016.

After upgrading to 11.4 my battery health is now 90%

I didn't think to check after going to 11.4. Mine went up from 88% to 89%. Whatever 11.4 did, my battery is back to normal and lasting all day again.

Be sure when you check the battery health %, your device is at 100% charge. It's most accurate then.

Thanks. I saw your reply last night just before bed and my phone was at 37% and battery health was at 89%. This morning I unplugged my phone at 100% and checked my phone health, still 89%. I’ve had my phone since it came out, so that’s probably about right.

Last week was weird and I don’t know what caused such rapid battery drain, but it’s back to working normal again.

Since last posting here, I took my iPhone 7 Plus in for a replacement (physical damage) and the refurb replacement I received has 100% battery health no matter what the charge level.

I tested that even when I was at 1% left, the health was still 100%. Still running 11.4

Long story short, I don't believe the charge level affects the battery health.

Since last posting here, I took my iPhone 7 Plus in for a replacement (physical damage) and the refurb replacement I received has 100% battery health no matter what the charge level.

I tested that even when I was at 1% left, the health was still 100%. Still running 11.4

Long story short, I don't believe the charge level affects the battery health.

It might in older batteries. The devs that offer battery health apps suggest checking it at 100% charge. They don't explain why.

My battery is the original that came in my phone that I bought when it was first released, coming up on 2 years now. My phone also got ran over during first month of ownership (motorcycle ride, it flew out, car hit it, yada yada yada) and my phone and battery are shaped like the battery C. My battery health is same whether my phone is fully charged and borderline dead. Maybe those full charge suggestions were for when the battery health check was still new. So far the only change in battery health change has been with an update.