What's new

Battery condition: display with iBackupBot?

Michael Graubart

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 3G with iOS 4.2.1. My computer is a Mac with OS 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion).

I discovered (or so I thought) that an application installed on my computer called iBackupBot would not only show me a mass of information about the data backed up in iTunes, but also the condition of the battery in my 'phone and the number of charge/discharge cycles it has been through. I therefore downloaded a trial copy of the Mac version of this application, which, it is claimed by the developer, is compatible both with my computer's OS and with my 3G 'phone.

The application does show all my backed-up data in full and great detail and also the current percentage charge of my 'phone battery, showing that it is compatible with my version of iTunes and with my 3G 'phone. But it shows the battery cycle count as 1 (not very likely for an old 'phone!) and the current percentage battery charge, but no further information about the battery. Can this be because the 3G phone does not, in fact, allow these data to be extracted?

I have written to [email protected], but have not yet had a reply. Has any reader of this forum had any experience of iBackupBot in connection with a 3G 'phone? I should be grateful for any information.