What's new

Battery charging question.

appleaddict73

Reaction score
Hello! I've heard all kinds of stories about charging your phone overnight.

Well I use my phone all day(like most people)and I plug it in when I go to bed, and unplug it when I get up.

With today's technology, will this actually hurt my battery? I certainly don't want to damage my battery, but this is a very convenient way to charge my phone.

Thanks for your help!

I have been an iphone user since young and there is no issue with this. I have been using since the iphone 3G days

Today's phones have the technology that when your phone reaches its max charge the charging stops and the phone will run, once the lower charge threshold is met the phone charger will kick in again and top up the battery, this cycle continues until u unplug your charger. So long story short plug in and charge away. Only thing I know of that can hurt battery life is running your phone until it's completely dead and shuts off. This will limit the max charge it can hold. Google for more in depth details.

Best of luck, charge on!

One model of phone has a design fault and catches fire, suddenly everybody starts worrying about overcharging there batteries.
Or battery life l to have had many handy's never thought about this so called problem in the past.
Why now. The press are desperate for an iPhone to explode somewhere in the world. Ridiculous.
If your phone is low charger it, some day you might need a new battery so what, don't worry about it.

Today's phones have the technology that when your phone reaches its max charge the charging stops and the phone will run, once the lower charge threshold is met the phone charger will kick in again and top up the battery, this cycle continues until u unplug your charger. So long story short plug in and charge away. Only thing I know of that can hurt battery life is running your phone until it's completely dead and shuts off. This will limit the max charge it can hold. Google for more in depth details.

Best of luck, charge on!
What will damage your iPhone battery is running it down until the device shuts down and not immediately charging it. If charged fully right away, there's no danger to the battery. Lithium batteries have no memory effect, unlike the older nickel cadmium batteries.

What will damage your iPhone battery is running it down until the device shuts down and not immediately charging it. If charged fully right away, there's no danger to the battery. Lithium batteries have no memory effect, unlike the older nickel cadmium batteries.

Thanks for the addition, forgot the mention not to leave it run down for any length, assumed most would recharge immediately but assuming make an ASS out of U and ME....

hence the saying of ASS U ME.