What's new

Batter Wear

Thanks. I do check it at 100% charged. I downloaded IOS 11.4.1, and the battery health beta gives me 98% reading. That’s a bit above what the third party app gives me. I’m probably just being too anal and paranoid about it.

Thank You

Yeah, it's not worth worrying about. I've had my 6s Plus for almost 3 years now. My battery health is at around 70%. I get an occasional springboard crash, and need to charge often. But otherwise, it's doing great.

Yeah, it's not worth worrying about. I've had my 6s Plus for almost 3 years now. My battery health is at around 70%. I get an occasional springboard crash, and need to charge often. But otherwise, it's doing great.

Springboard crash? I still think I may take advantage of the discounted battery offer from Apple. I think it ends in a month or two???

Thanks. Do we make an appointment and wait, or do we have to drop off our phone for hours or days?

Thanks
You should make an appointment. If they don't have the battery in stock, they'll order it and let you know when it comes in. The actual battery replacement takes about half an hour.

Last edited:
Most important. Backup your iPhone before the battery replacement in case the iPhone gets erased. It shouldn't happen but why take any chances.

Springboard crash? I still think I may take advantage of the discounted battery offer from Apple. I think it ends in a month or two???

It's not a big deal. The phone just reboots itself. Happens maybe once or twice a week, if that often. I'm too far from an Apple store, so I'll need to mail it in for a battery replacement. I'm waiting as long as I can. The problem I have is I want to keep this 6s Plus on iOS 1[emoji646].1.1. But Apple Support said I would have to update to the current OS after the old battery is removed. I have several 32 bit apps I'll hate to lose. I like them better than anything iOS 11 or 12 has to offer. LOL

Most important. Backup your iPhone before the battery replacement in case the iPhone gets erased. It shouldn't happen but why take any chances.

Thanks. As always, you guys know all. I wonder if the battery offer applies to the I phone 4s too?

Thanks

It's not a big deal. The phone just reboots itself. Happens maybe once or twice a week, if that often. I'm too far from an Apple store, so I'll need to mail it in for a battery replacement. I'm waiting as long as I can. The problem I have is I want to keep this 6s Plus on iOS 1[emoji646].1.1. But Apple Support said I would have to update to the current OS after the old battery is removed. I have several 32 bit apps I'll hate to lose. I like them better than anything iOS 11 or 12 has to offer. LOL
Actually you shouldn't have to update your iOS version, despite what Apple says.
Also, any authorized third party repair center should be able to replace the battery. That’s how I had the battery in my iPhone 6 Plus.

Actually you shouldn't have to update your iOS version, despite what Apple says.
Also, any authorized third party repair center should be able to replace the battery. That’s how I had the battery in my iPhone 6 Plus.

I'll have to check on the OS issue more. A 3rd party shop will not use the Apple battery. They use off brand batteries. Some may be just as good. But one person who ordered a battery on Amazon said they checked the cycles first thing. It had about 25[emoji646] charge cycles on it new. Who knows? Lol But they charge $5[emoji646] installed. $3[emoji646] with Apple. My options are open at this time.

I'll have to check on the OS issue more. A 3rd party shop will not use the Apple battery. They use off brand batteries. Some may be just as good. But one person who ordered a battery on Amazon said they checked the cycles first thing. It had about 25[emoji646] charge cycles on it new. Who knows? Lol But they charge $5[emoji646] installed. $3[emoji646] with Apple. My options are open at this time.
It will have genuine Apple batteries if it's an authorized repair centre.

It will have genuine Apple batteries if it's an authorized repair centre.

The only "authorized" centers are the carriers, like Verizon. But they don't put batteries in iPhones. They tell me to go to an Apple Store or local repair shop. None of the local shops carry the Apple batteries. If they did, I'm sure they would charge the same as Apple at $8[emoji646]. So I either get a $5[emoji646] off brand battery locally, or mail it to Apple for the $29.99 deal. The closest Apple Store is about 75 or 8[emoji646] miles away. There's only 2 Apple Stores in Alabama. Huntsville and Birmingham. What with Tim Cook being from Alabama, one would think we would get more love. LOL