What's new

Backup entire iPhone?

gray_mouse

Reaction score
Anyway to copy entire 32GB image of iPhone, iOS, modem, and stuff, to computer and then restore it all in one shot?

Anyway to copy entire 32GB image of iPhone, iOS, modem, and stuff, to computer and then restore it all in one shot?

I suppose here that there is a way to copy the entire 32GB image of iPhone iOS modem and stuff to computer and then restore it all in one shot, what will be the use for you at the first place to copy the entire 32gv image to the computer and then restore the same entire image from your computer to your phone? You are feeling bored? It's just like you have an USB key of 1gb, inside you have pictures songs and videos, now you copy all the 1gb files to your computer only to restore that same 1gb of files back to your USB? What is the need of such a way of restoring knowing that if there are complicts in the phone files, you will copy the 32GB with those conflicts to your computer and then i have no idea what you want to do but later on restore the same 32GB with all the same errors into the phone. Maybe i'm getting you wrong and if yes tell me where's your logic and the need of even building such an backup restore application?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you upgrade to an Apple's .IPSW you also upgrade your baseband. I want a way to keep my baseband. Also, let's say you do a new jailbreak, the next great one that comes out, I want a way to restore everything to previous version, without having to install and configure everything again.

I want Norton Ghost for iPad!

And you think that backing up the hole 32GB of your phone system could be a help? The ISPW it self all alone is about 600MB. So taking into consideration that you've found a software that can do what you wanted which is backing you the hole iOS 32 image which of course will include the actual iOS in your phone by the time you are performing that backup to your computer, and after installing the new ISPW to your phone, how will you not want the old iOS that was included in the back up 32GB image that you saved on your computer not to be restore back to your phone??? I guess you do understand that the image back up you restore all your files the way it was before you upgrade your phone, and i guess what you don't catch up is that not only your files will be restore back into your phone from that 32GB image back up but also the old iOS 100% of everything everything just the way your phone was before you perform that 32gb backup. At the end i will ask you what have you done? And you will answer, "i just waisted some time 1step front, 1step back." yet i do understand your inquiry about the back up stuff you saing. This can be done with windows computers ghosting the system and yes it's true, it's very easy and very conveniant, but also u should remember that when you ghost the image of your computer on a cd, "windows xp", after 10 years of using windows 7 or 8 or 20 if you ever decide to run that cd and restore the ghosted image into the computer you will be back to windows xp. You just can't ghost an image of an operating system and hope to upgrade and then restore only your files to the new system that you've just upgraded. There is no logic in it. So i recommend you to use the methods that are out there to backup your settings contacts files of your phone, upgrade your phone and then restore back your backup. If it's the cydia apps that you are worried about to get lose in the process, then don't, because there are also ways to back them all up.

And your main issue is to preserve your baseband which i think should be possible, just like the jailbreak upgrade which some nice people make possible after release of every new iOS, and if for some reasons there is not way to preserve your baseband or sothing to easy your life after any upgrade, you better keep your phone with it's actuall iOS and avoid upgrading the iOS or maybe you will be able to find the kind of iOS 32GB image backup you are talking about and then you will keep on upgrading to 4.3.2 then restore the 32gb image backup which ofcourse include and will restore not only your preserved base band but also the iOS 4.2+ that was present in the phone while you were ghosting image your phone. By the time you finish restoring, you would understand that your phone has been well restored and even the iOS has returned to 4.2+ which i would called an awesome iOS ghosting backup software.
The kind of back up you are talking about is good for the purposr of ghosting your 4.2+ iOS have it on your computer and whenever your phone will be misbehaving, you just restore it to the same 4.2+ iOS. But then there will not be shsh, tinyUmbrella stuff, that could have just be very easy though, thing are more complex than you might think.

I don't know how to copy the disk image of an iPhone or if it would even work the way you want but,

If you want to preserve you baseband it can be done easily using snowbreeze or pwnage tool...