What's new

Backing up iBooks

Henfield

Reaction score
Weeks after apple’s $29 battery replacement, the screen on my 6plus got the gray band of death.
All ready to replace it (with an 8 plus) Apple Genius Bar offers to replace it with another 6plus at $149.

Despite having everything backed up on my PC etc the only thing that didn’t restore were the iBooks files.
Are they gone forever?

Weeks after apple’s $29 battery replacement, the screen on my 6plus got the gray band of death.
All ready to replace it (with an 8 plus) Apple Genius Bar offers to replace it with another 6plus at $149.

Despite having everything backed up on my PC etc the only thing that didn’t restore were the iBooks files.
Are they gone forever?
Your iBooks purchases should be in your iBook purchase history. Tap on the purchased button at the bottom right of the iBooks home page.

Tap "all books" at the top, then make sure the "Hide iCloud Books" toggle is off". You may need to download the books from iCloud. I have to do that fairly regularly.

If you have a lot of .pdf books you downloaded you will need to move them over. I use wifi with my old iPhones and text, air drop or email them to myself then save them to iBooks.

Most of my PDFs are downloaded to the iPhone or as a result of documents I scanned.
I sense that iTunes fails to back these docs up.
If it does please share otherwise it’s over to google drive.

Most of my PDFs are downloaded to the iPhone or as a result of documents I scanned.
Mine are backed up in iTunes on my computer and can be synced back to my iPhone or any other iOS device I own.

I have a few pdf docs I put in iBooks. They get backed up in iCloud.