What's new

Background Music

BigGaloot

Reaction score
Really Love the iphone 5se and everything about it but I hate the company.

All was good until I upgraded from ios 11.4.1 to ios 12 and up.
I have a unlimited data cell plan and a music video website i created using the latest youtube API player to play all my music continuously in the background. The best part is i can stream the site to the big screen tv for good visuals and audio right from the phone, but I mainly play the music while working. This allows me to use the phone as i wish like playing music on my BT headphones while swinging a hammer. I can even put the phone in stand by mode to increase music play time all without a hitch.
That all changed with the upgrade. Apple being the EDITED - please watch your language they are disabled that feature so they could promote their paid platform i suppose . I tried everything including trying to revert back to the ios 11.4.1 with the .ipsw file but since i didn't save the Blob files i was **** out of luck. The ios 12 and up will only play for one song using safari , opera mini or Dolphin browser at a time. The only way to solve the problem is to buy a new iphone and pray for the older ios.
I hit jackpot with 2 new phones from walmart and target over the holiday season & $135 apiece. To me it was worth it. I now have 3 - 32 gig iphone 5se's using different ios , (1)12.1.2, (1) 11.4.1, (1) 11.2.5 . I disabled wi-fi upgrades at the router end for apple and loaded a profile on the new phones that tricks the phone to show its up to date, so no more nag screens, and like buying two pairs of your favorite pair of sneakers i know i am good to go for a very long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is not because of Apple but because YouTube doesn't allow it's audio to play in the background from it's app unless you're paying for a YouTube Red premium subscription. Whenever new ways to circumvent YouTube restrictions are discovered YouTube finds ways of blocking them. Have you thought of doing it the proper way and paying for the premium service you were enjoying for free.

Last edited:
The problem is not because of Apple but because YouTube doesn't allow it's audio to play in the background from it's app unless you're paying for a YouTube Red premium subscription. Whenever new ways to circumvent YouTube restrictions are discovered YouTube finds ways of blocking them. Have you thought of doing it the proper way and paying for the premium service you were enjoying for free.
Hey knock yourself out for paying for a premium service, to each his own, I on the other hand am currently listening to my music for FREE 24/7 on a shared domain that i own without a hitch using <12 ios. And as far as the youtube changing their player api code to not working in ios>12 that probably true. Dollar for dougnuts its over money between two greedy curruporations

All of the content I stream to myself or someone who happens to stumble on my music site can enjoy the urls legally. I am providing that service through my youtube api mucic player

You can copy a URL from YouTube. YouTube provides a streaming service and, according to the terms you accept by using the site, does not allow for content to be downloaded so you cannot copy a video. But You can use the URL you copied and watch the video streamed from the YouTube site. See section 9... https://www.youtube.com/static?gl=GB&template=terms

As Far as the Artists making a deal with the Google Devil are concerned they acknowledge a trade off when using their service that they will reach a Huge audience who will hopefully buy their cd's or go to one of their shows in exchange for royalties

Last edited:
The answer is adds you have to listen to advertising to get to the music. It’s been that way with you tube for years.

Thats only true if you are using youtubes UX site as compared to using youtubes api player on your own site . Commercials are most typically added to youtube playlists. All the music youtube urls in my playlist's do not have any unrelated adverts except from the few artists who add a related piece when listening or viewing on the iphone . As for the pc adblockers work perfectly!
While I would say its nearly impossible going totally advert free from sun up to sun down, one can at least try to control their electronic devices forced delivery of adverts.