What's new

Awkward thread:- things are strange

dbamut

Reaction score
Hi All,

Ok so this is is kind of strange to ask, so i shall do my best i the hope i do not get flammed.

My wife has an iphone 8. We are currently going through a rather tough time, I am working away quite a bit in a new job. Which has put a strain on things, but the bills have to be paid right.

We have a trusting relationship and do not go snooping into others telephones, its not the done thing and never has been. but ( why is there always a but?))

The other day whilst i was making breakfast my wifes phone lit up She had been out the night before and taken the car before coming home after a drink with her friends. I looked over at it and there was a notification that was kind of weird. it said " Car found near work", then an address.
The address that was given was literally the road next to where she works so i am guessing that she was testing some App or other.

I have searched around and can not see any app that gives this notification other than if the phonehas been connected to the vcars bluetooth system, but then it only gives a location when maps is opened.

I use the car mostly for work, and almost suspect that she is tracking where the car is in order to find where I am, Either to cjeck i am where I say I am, or to let her know exactly where i am.

Yes I have mentioned it to her and she has come with nothing other than, I must have misread things etc.

So, for the sake of my sanity, is there an pp for the iphone 8 that can be used to track the location of a car remotely?
If this is the case am i right to suspect some kind of small tracker like Tile app or whatever is or can be put in the car when it is needed in order to trace my movements?

I know this is all very weird, but any help is appreciated.

Thanks

My iPhone 7 does that automatically. I don't think she has an app set up for it, or is trying to track you. Once my phone synced to my car, it's done that. If I open Maps, my cars location will be marked on the map. Sometimes it'll give me a notification of where my car is, sometimes not, but it'll always show me where my car is if I open maps.

Hi.
Thanks.
Si badically her iphone eeds to be om the car and synced when the car is turned off and it can give a notification.
Can I ask if the notification comes up when the phone is locked on your 7?
The notification she got was next morning without her phone being opened.
Probably me being paranoid and I have nothing to hide but it seemed weird.
My iPhone 7 does that automatically. I don't think she has an app set up for it, or is trying to track you. Once my phone synced to my car, it's done that. If I open Maps, my cars location will be marked on the map. Sometimes it'll give me a notification of where my car is, sometimes not, but it'll always show me where my car is if I open maps.

Hi.
Thanks.
Si badically her iphone eeds to be om the car and synced when the car is turned off and it can give a notification.
Can I ask if the notification comes up when the phone is locked on your 7?
The notification she got was next morning without her phone being opened.
Probably me being paranoid and I have nothing to hide but it seemed weird.

Yup. For example, if I use bosses truck for a project at work, and I leave my car at work, I'll get a notification on my phone telling me my car is at work. Car is off, phone is locked, but notification will pop up.

Also, the longer you have the phone, the more it'll track you. What I mean is, eventually, one day you, or your wife, will get in your car to go to work, and you'll get a notification that says it'll take x amount of minutes to get to work if you take such and such freeway. It starts to learn your patterns.

And sometimes, it'll just give you the weirdest notification. I got off work a couple weeks ago to head home, and I got a notification saying it'll take me 22 minutes to get to McDonalds lol. What?! I rarely eat fast food, so I found it odd, but the McDonalds it listed is near my house, so maybe my phone thinks I go there a lot since I drive by it a lot.

EDIT: I should add that these notifications are rather random. I make same commute, at same time of day, on same days, all year long, but I only get the notification once every 2 weeks or so. No idea why that day will be different than the others.