What's new

auto power off/on

wheresjerry

Reaction score
I just switched from a BBerry S2 to the iphone4 and first I love it, but was wondering if there is an app that will power down the phone at specified times, and turn it back on in the morning like my Storm did. I found that this function is a huge saver of battery power! Thx! :appstore:

I'm not sure but certainly you won't find such an application in the apple application store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anything there might be that in the Cydia store, but thats just a suggestion to look there. Definitely would not be in the app store lol

OK, this is my first post, so I am making this in the hope that developers at Apple are listening. Here is my use case for auto on/off. Yes, I am a former Blackberry user.

I program my auto on/off on the Blackberry for my wakeup time on weekdays, and a different wakeup time on weekends. Then I completely forget about it.

I plug my phone in at night, if I feel that it needs a charge. It shuts off about when I go to bed. In the morning, my incoming email wakes us up like an alarm clock. There is always pending email.

With the iPhone, I must set the "mute" switch when I plug it in at night, so that overnight emails don't wake us up, and then I must remember to un-mute the phone in the morning when I unplug the phone. If I fail to do this, I will miss my first call of the day at some point. Yes, I can be retrained, but go back to my use case with the Blackberry. I don't have to be trained for anything, the phone just sets up this great, effortless routine.

Please Apple, I am not going back to my Blackberry, I would have to give up too many of the great features that I have wanted for so long on a Verizon iPhone, but shouldn't Apple be the one to have this feature on their phones? Please put it in a future iOS update!

hmmm i dont think apple will carefully think about this, youre better off pointing this towards third party app developers...

I do know how you feel, on my old cell, it had the feature of auto turn on and off.. it was nice cuz i saved a lot of battery.

If you use the iphone alarm it will ring even if the cell is on mute, and you can label the alarm.. something like "Unmute iphone"